Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Zealand Citizen Family Visa 461

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  flamemzo 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have been reading alot in the forums about the visa and the requirements that i will need to gather in order to submit my application. Well my case is as follows: Im a NZ citizen(also hold Egyptian passport) and living in Cairo. I have married my Egyptian wife here in Egypt and would like to go and we decided we would to start a new life in Australia. We have been together for 3 years and married officially for the past 7 months.

I have been told i would need to go through the 461 Application and supply as much evidence as possible to support our application. Any tips on that would be greatly appreciated?

I have also heard that the Aus Embassy in Cairo is pretty mean with application refusals and see some people share crazy stories which seems to abit of worry..Any feedback on that would be appreicated

Thank you all for your support!

#6 ·
Thanks Happyhearos,

My questions are:

- for the declarations from family and friends, can they be hand written or preferred to be typed on PC?
- evidence wise, if i have some docs that are in a different language do they also have to be translated or its only the official docs?
- do you believe that the 309 visa similar in requirements to the 461? I see quite a number if similar points. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you

#7 ·
Declarations - doesn't matter. This is the same for all visas -but if your friend/family has terrible handwriting maybe ask them to type.
Translated copies - you'll have to call Cairo and ask. Most processing centres want absolutely everything translated - some might only want official documents. Sorry - I don't know more maybe someone who has applied at Cairo will be able to help but I'd still recommend calling Cairo.
I think the two visas are the same in that you need to prove over and above that you are in a genuine relationship... and I think the fact that you're applying to Cairo and have heard how tough they are... you'll have to provide a ridiculous amount of evidence....
Wouldn't it just be easier to go to NZ or even to Oz and then apply from here?

#8 ·
Is there an option of actually applying directly to the NZ/OZ office? Im currently living in Cairo...I also heard tough things about the embassy in Cairo..

Would you have to apply for the visa in the country you are living in? As i understand if you live overseas then you will need to apply from overseas.

#10 ·
hey NZlander, have you submitted your application for the 461 visa? Can you share what you provided as evidence of your relationship/marriage? Am in a similar situation and wanting to apply but fear it might get rejected due to insufficient evidence (we plan to get married next month and havent lived together prior). Am just wanting to know what kind of evidence i would need to get. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.