Evidence Of Citizenship Timeline - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration > Immigration Timelines

Immigration Timelines This section is used to post updated from the forums Timeline Software for members that choose to share their updates. Please also use it for manual timeline updates.

Evidence Of Citizenship Timeline - Page 2


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2016, 03:34 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnrosebutpeace View Post
Hi All,
I posted the application for evidence (for my 1-month-old son) on 2nd July, it was delivered on 4th Jul as per auspost tracking.
I'm constantly monitoring my credit card for charge to be taken out but not yet.
I called them, but the lady said it was not inputted into the system yet, and I need to allow at least 26 working days (which means more than one calendar month).

My problem is we are going to move and I need to change the postal address for the certificate delivery. For security, I've decided to rent a P.O box, as we are not sure the next address (still negotiating with some landlords).
Does anyone happen to know if we can update the postal address even the application has not been entered into the system? Are they able to note the PO box and change it when they input my application into the system.

Thanks a lot.
Hi mate.
do you get any news of your application?
because we are on the same boat :-(


Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From cambodia

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmahoo View Post
Hi mate.
do you get any news of your application?
because we are on the same boat :-(
Hi
I saw the fees was deducted on Monday last week as I set an alert on my banking app.
I then called them to update my address. Not confident even they said it was updated.
I have another trouble. We will have to depart Australia on 31/8 as my wife's visa will expire.
I cannot know if they allow the child to leave. I have passport of my son from my country's embassy.
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnrosebutpeace View Post
Hi
I saw the fees was deducted on Monday last week as I set an alert on my banking app.
I then called them to update my address. Not confident even they said it was updated.
I have another trouble. We will have to depart Australia on 31/8 as my wife's visa will expire.
I cannot know if they allow the child to leave. I have passport of my son from my country's embassy.
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
as far as I know you can travel abroad with your child's other passport and then apply for Australian passport at the Australian Embassy in your country...but I suggest you should check with Australian Passport Department as well.
and this link may be helpful:
www(dot)border(dot)gov(dot)au/Trav/Citi/Curr/Dual-citizenship


Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2016, 10:11 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From cambodia

I called DIBP. They said they never prevent anyone from departing Australia. It sounds like they want more people to quit Australia. That's sad. ;( despite that one of their jobs is to attract and bring more population to the country.
Regarding the application for evidence of citizenship, they said they required more evidence from me, including DNA testing. The letter was sent out on 5/8 but not arrived. They gave me the tracking number, i checked with Austpost and the letter was forwarded to someone in Victoria although I live in QLD. Eventually the guy advised me that the case officer could have put wrong address and I have to wait until the case officer got bounced-back letter then send another one to me. One month and a half as passed and that is all I could get from them.
Does anyone know if DNA is required for this type of application? As far as I know, it often is required for citizenship by descent only(child born overseas to Australian citizen and foreign resident).


Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2016, 06:32 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From australia

Hi All,

Can anyone please provide the contact number for the evidence processing unit Parramatta?


Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2016, 03:02 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From cambodia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnrosebutpeace View Post
I called DIBP. They said they never prevent anyone from departing Australia. It sounds like they want more people to quit Australia. That's sad. ;( despite that one of their jobs is to attract and bring more population to the country.
Regarding the application for evidence of citizenship, they said they required more evidence from me, including DNA testing. The letter was sent out on 5/8 but not arrived. They gave me the tracking number, i checked with Austpost and the letter was forwarded to someone in Victoria although I live in QLD. Eventually the guy advised me that the case officer could have put wrong address and I have to wait until the case officer got bounced-back letter then send another one to me. One month and a half as passed and that is all I could get from them.
Does anyone know if DNA is required for this type of application? As far as I know, it often is required for citizenship by descent only(child born overseas to Australian citizen and foreign resident).
Update: I got to the border as planned. The airline staff tried to scan my son's passport (not Australian one) and told me as this is a new passport they need to check with Immigration. One guy called to someone and asked me if any of us is a PR at the time of his birth. I told him I am. He checked my passport then made another call. After a few discussion he told me my son is an Aussie and the Immigration prefers him to use Aussie passport. Unfortunately the other unit of same department seems not believing in that fact.


Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2016, 10:27 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 4
Users Flag! From australia

119 HELP Pls

Hi, i would really like to know how long it took for the certificate to arrive to your address after money was taken from account from the DIBP,
Money was taken from my account yesterday 20oct,
I rang the DIBP to ask for a tracking number and they just said that they are still processing my application.. My flight leaves early morning 4nov and i need that certificate by the 1st so that i can apply for my passport.
Getting so worried as everytime i ring them they just give me time frames.
I really need to know how long it took from the time they took the money to you reciving it. I live in Perth.
Thank you


Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2016, 12:39 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From cambodia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebia View Post
Hi, i would really like to know how long it took for the certificate to arrive to your address after money was taken from account from the DIBP,
Money was taken from my account yesterday 20oct,
I rang the DIBP to ask for a tracking number and they just said that they are still processing my application.. My flight leaves early morning 4nov and i need that certificate by the 1st so that i can apply for my passport.
Getting so worried as everytime i ring them they just give me time frames.
I really need to know how long it took from the time they took the money to you reciving it. I live in Perth.
Thank you
It is about 15 working days.
I got the certificate after a long wait. Now I have to apply for passport at the embassy.
You can still travel on your current passport(it will be hassle at the airport but they will let you go). But what you should do is to prepare for the pp application from overseas, print it in Australia, get someone to endorse photo/guarantor form and bring with you with the certificate. Once overseas, visit an Au Embassy to apply for passport. Remember to choose "overseas" type when you prepare the from,


Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2016, 01:02 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 4
Users Flag! From australia

15working days from the time they took the money from your account!!?
Crap thats so long.... I dont have any other passport, my australian passport aswel as my citizenship was both stolen


Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2016, 08:36 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From cambodia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebia View Post
15working days from the time they took the money from your account!!?
Crap thats so long.... I dont have any other passport, my australian passport aswel as my citizenship was both stolen
Oh, sorry to hear that. I'm not in your situation so can't advise as we also have other passports.
Perhaps you could try email them (citizenship.paramatta@border.gov.au) and put "urgent" on subject, describe your flight date... they may consider.
Someone already did so and succeeded.
(7 days to approve the application plus 7 days for letter sending roughly 15 days).


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Citizenship Timeline 2015 Sachin7382 Visas and immigration 27 04-01-2016 10:00 AM
Australia Citizenship application Timeline sidfire Visas and immigration 32 12-11-2015 10:43 AM
Citizenship Timeline SJP Visas and immigration 0 10-01-2015 10:47 AM
Prospective Timeline for Australian PR/Citizenship xxxxxxxxxw1ndhawk Visas and immigration 23 11-21-2013 12:21 AM
Partner (Spouse) Visa - Evidence Timeline shooops Visas and immigration 4 01-09-2013 03:47 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:48 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com