Evidence Of Citizenship Timeline - Page 3

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration > Immigration Timelines

Immigration Timelines This section is used to post updated from the forums Timeline Software for members that choose to share their updates. Please also use it for manual timeline updates.

Evidence Of Citizenship Timeline - Page 3


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2016, 06:26 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From australia

Without doubt the government has a real problem with this absolute mess of a system.

I have lived in mainland Australia since I was a toddler, having been born in PNG to full Australian parents prior to 1975 (when PNG was still part of Australia) before moving back to Australia.

There was no need to apply for citizenship back then since, as the bureaucrats told my parents, Australian Citizenship was automatically given to us children as if we were born in Sydney.

Since then I have voted in every election, paid my taxes, raised a family (even was a member of the scouts - don't hold that against me) and held and renewed an Australian passport. I was not aware - when renewing my passport very recently - that the rules had changed and I now needed proof of Australian citizenship, plus $190!

What a load of rubbish. From the time of lodgement it took 6 weeks for me to get my citizenship form approved and sent back and I almost did not get it in time.

For a ridiculous system like this to be created, some half witted politician needed to sit down with some half witted bureaucrat while being advised by some half witted advisers to created this full dim witted policy. Bravo numbskulls.

Needless waste of my time, needless waste of my money ... and needless waste of bureaucracy.

Here is a quick possible solution - in order to prove who we are merely show the police our drivers licence, proof of residency (ie a bill), birth certificate etc. If they approve they can stamp it on the spot. If they have questions they can send it to Parramatta for further processing. This will save time and money. Better yet - why not use the state licencing centres.

No, they won't do it. Bureaucrats like to mess with peoples lives as it is empowering for these impotent slugs whose only other mark they will leave on the world will be creation of new offensive adjectives to describe their performances.

If only politicians read these sites.


Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2016, 04:40 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From australia

My one Posted on 10 Oct 2016 Reached 12 OCT. Money deducted from my card on 24 Oct. get a certificate on 7 Nov 2016. So roughly 1 month. not to bad on my case.


Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From hong_kong

I totally agree with you and I am really pissed by this kind of bureaucracy (that why I register to reply here).

They are doing it for its own convenience only and everybody else suffer from it (no matter money or effort). Imagine the hardship it will cause if we have to go overseas for urgent matters suddenly but they just won't proceed with the application at all without this "certificate". Why can't they just cross-check with DIBP (which they did before) which are both governmental departments?


Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro4pres View Post
Without doubt the government has a real problem with this absolute mess of a system.

I have lived in mainland Australia since I was a toddler, having been born in PNG to full Australian parents prior to 1975 (when PNG was still part of Australia) before moving back to Australia.

There was no need to apply for citizenship back then since, as the bureaucrats told my parents, Australian Citizenship was automatically given to us children as if we were born in Sydney.

Since then I have voted in every election, paid my taxes, raised a family (even was a member of the scouts - don't hold that against me) and held and renewed an Australian passport. I was not aware - when renewing my passport very recently - that the rules had changed and I now needed proof of Australian citizenship, plus $190!

What a load of rubbish. From the time of lodgement it took 6 weeks for me to get my citizenship form approved and sent back and I almost did not get it in time.

For a ridiculous system like this to be created, some half witted politician needed to sit down with some half witted bureaucrat while being advised by some half witted advisers to created this full dim witted policy. Bravo numbskulls.

Needless waste of my time, needless waste of my money ... and needless waste of bureaucracy.

Here is a quick possible solution - in order to prove who we are merely show the police our drivers licence, proof of residency (ie a bill), birth certificate etc. If they approve they can stamp it on the spot. If they have questions they can send it to Parramatta for further processing. This will save time and money. Better yet - why not use the state licencing centres.

No, they won't do it. Bureaucrats like to mess with peoples lives as it is empowering for these impotent slugs whose only other mark they will leave on the world will be creation of new offensive adjectives to describe their performances.

If only politicians read these sites.


Reply With Quote
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2016, 11:08 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From hong_kong

I am so pissed off that I even sent a complaint to them but receive this kind of "standard" reply which didn't address the issues at all:

---
Thank you for your email, which the Australian Passport Information Service (APIS) has forwarded to this section for response.

The Australian Government’s legislative requirements and policies regarding proof of citizenship are designed to maintain the integrity and security of Australian travel documents. Under the Australian Passports Act 2005 (the Act) an Australian passport can only be issued to an Australian citizen.

The Act requires the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to be satisfied that a person is an Australian citizen before issuing an Australian passport. Australian citizenship must be confirmed each time a full application for an Australian passport is made because each new application is assessed independently of any previous application

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) is responsible for determining a person’s Australian citizenship status. Permanent residency documentation provided by DIBP to an applicant may not be conclusive in determining whether a parent was a permanent resident at the of the applicant’s birth. Applicants will need to obtain their own evidence of citizenship by submitting a Form 119 to DIBP.
---


Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 11-30-2016, 12:44 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From hong_kong

I have been going back and forth with both DIBP and APD. Really unbelievable that in the end I can't make it for the trip this Friday as I still haven't received the certificate. It all started back to October and now I need to cancel the flight at a cost.

I will complain to Commonwealth Ombudsman and I urge all of you feeling the hardship to do so as well. It is for the benefit of entire community actually as APO couldn't answer me how to handle if emergency situation arise and we need to bring our baby out of country immediately. They simply didnt think about it at all and they don't care about us actually. It is really bureaucratic at its worst.


Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2016, 12:58 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 25
Users Flag! From palestine

14 likes given
I submitted it online using immi.gov.au on 28 Nov. Any idea how long will it take?
I am really surprised it takes more than a week since:
1. They have all the papers.
2. They claim here (https://www.border.gov.au/about/acce...hip-processing) that takes one week. why is it different from reality?


Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2016, 02:24 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From india

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedwk View Post
I submitted it online using immi.gov.au on 28 Nov. Any idea how long will it take?
I am really surprised it takes more than a week since:
1. They have all the papers.
2. They claim here
Hi Ahmedwk,

I am in a similar situation. Submitted online application for citizenship certificate through immi.gov.au.
Please let me know how long did it take for your application to get a response?

Thanks!!


Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2016, 08:29 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From india

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryn View Post
Hi Ahmedwk,

I am in a similar situation. Submitted online application for citizenship certificate through immi.gov.au.
Please let me know how long did it take for your application to get a response?

Thanks!!
Hi ,
I have lodged online on 8th December and status updated online on 9th December Finalised . Waiting for certificate ?

did you receive your certificate ?


Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2016, 03:59 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From australia

Wink Evidence of Australian Certificate

Quote:
Originally Posted by awaisk View Post
Hi Stevo81,
Could you please share when did you receive the Certificate ? I am in a similar situation it's been two weeks since I sent my application. Just noticed the application fee deduction today..
Thanks
Hello Stevo81
Just like to ask when did you actually receive your Evidence of Australian Certificate, How long did it take
Please reply so that i have an idea when can i receive mine
THANK YOU


Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2016, 12:05 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From malaysia

Operating hours of DIBP??

hi does anyone know whether DIBP is operating at all at the moment?? It sure isn't public holiday as of today but everytime I rang the number it says 'Our office is now closed'?? How long of a break does the department have?? This is ridiculous


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Citizenship Timeline 2015 Sachin7382 Visas and immigration 27 04-01-2016 10:00 AM
Australia Citizenship application Timeline sidfire Visas and immigration 32 12-11-2015 10:43 AM
Citizenship Timeline SJP Visas and immigration 0 10-01-2015 10:47 AM
Prospective Timeline for Australian PR/Citizenship xxxxxxxxxw1ndhawk Visas and immigration 23 11-21-2013 12:21 AM
Partner (Spouse) Visa - Evidence Timeline shooops Visas and immigration 4 01-09-2013 03:47 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:09 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com