Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room - Page 86

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree264Likes

Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room - Page 86


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #851 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 106
Users Flag! From mauritius

19 likes received
21 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
It's the visitor visa that may be the problem if you do not have a return ticket. Immigration may refuse entry on arrival.

I am not sure how often that happens, but it can.

Normally the problem with not having a return ticket is at the departing airport. I've been refused boarding, unless I bought a return ticket at the airport. That was expensive.
Oh okay. It makes sense too...

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #852 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 56
Users Flag! From southafrica

3 likes received
21 likes given
Maybe I should just wait for my partner visa.
Ill give it two weeks more.
If no visa by then ..ill have no chouce but to get a tourist visa with a return ticket.

Thanks

__________________
Charlz

Reply With Quote
  #853 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From uk

1 likes given
Can you get rid of a Migration Agent once visa is lodged?

Hello

I have applied for an offshore partner visa through an Australian Migration Agent at the start of November 2016. My husband is Australian and we have a 1yr old son with Australian Citizenship by Descent and Australian and British passports.
Our Migration Agents seems to be useless, takes ages to respond to queries if they do in fact respond, and the cost seems to be spiralling out of control. They say the processing time is around 12 months? Is this correct as my husband called the Australian Embassy in Oz who said they thought it should be much quicker due to us being married, having a child and me being from a low risk country? I have also had police and medical checks done too.

We're now looking at visitor visa's, and our Migration Agent advised us to apply for the incorrect one!! Now looking at applying for Visitor Visa 600 and doing it ourselves. Does anyone know if this will cause complications with the partner visa being lodged under the Migration Agent?

One last thing, anyone ever sacked their Migration Agent halfway through and taken over the process themselves? How easy is it to do?

any advice would be really appreciated.


Reply With Quote
  #854 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2017, 02:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 68
Users Flag! From australia

5 likes received
Hi guys again,

So I have asked the below in another thread here but no one has yet to answered.

When you are contacted for additional information, I would assume their assessment has already begun, thus ADDITIONAL info, so would it be safe to assume everything else besides the new required additional evidence is all clear and competent for the visa approval for them?

Anyone has any ideas?


Reply With Quote
  #855 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2017, 02:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 68
Users Flag! From australia

5 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbt View Post
Hello

I have applied for an offshore partner visa through an Australian Migration Agent at the start of November 2016. My husband is Australian and we have a 1yr old son with Australian Citizenship by Descent and Australian and British passports.
Our Migration Agents seems to be useless, takes ages to respond to queries if they do in fact respond, and the cost seems to be spiralling out of control. They say the processing time is around 12 months? Is this correct as my husband called the Australian Embassy in Oz who said they thought it should be much quicker due to us being married, having a child and me being from a low risk country? I have also had police and medical checks done too.

We're now looking at visitor visa's, and our Migration Agent advised us to apply for the incorrect one!! Now looking at applying for Visitor Visa 600 and doing it ourselves. Does anyone know if this will cause complications with the partner visa being lodged under the Migration Agent?

One last thing, anyone ever sacked their Migration Agent halfway through and taken over the process themselves? How easy is it to do?

any advice would be really appreciated.
Hi there,

I have been advised what's published on DIBP website in regards to the current processing time is way out of date. I think it is best to directly check with the office dealing with your application.

If my memory is still correct I think it is possible to get rid of your agent, by submitting one of the DIBP forms (I forgot the name/number of the form).

Charbt likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #856 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2017, 03:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 68
Users Flag! From australia

5 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy2016 View Post
Hi guys again,

So I have asked the below in another thread here but no one has yet to answered.

When you are contacted for additional information, I would assume their assessment has already begun, thus ADDITIONAL info, so would it be safe to assume everything else besides the new required additional evidence is all clear and competent for the visa approval for them?

Anyone has any ideas?
Hi Everyone!!

No responce so far at all from anyone.... Hasnt anyone else wondered the same thing?

In other words, would one be ever rejected on a visa for a reason from the area the office did NOT as additional information on?


Reply With Quote
  #857 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 65
Users Flag! From uk

5 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy2016 View Post
Hi Everyone!!

No responce so far at all from anyone.... Hasnt anyone else wondered the same thing?

In other words, would one be ever rejected on a visa for a reason from the area the office did NOT as additional information on?
It's hard to say where they are at in respects of reviewing your application. It may be that they've skimmed your application, seen what is missing and then once you've provided it they'll send it for review. Might even be that they've fully received to this point and just want a little further clarification on things.

Perhaps they could say no on the additional information but I'd say it would be harsh if it was rejected on something they'd already reviewed.


Reply With Quote
  #858 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2017, 05:55 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From india

Hi you should for request priorty processing of your offshore partner visa file.
If you apply for a request they will respond you within 2 weeks.
There is your child involved in your relationship and immigration usually accept these type of priorty requests.
If they accept yours they will process your case now that will save your from waiting.
I hope this helps.

And your supposed to apply for visitor visa 600 under family stream if you want to visit your family in Aus.
But I rekon you should give a go to priorty processing request.


Reply With Quote
  #859 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2017, 02:07 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Users Flag! From spain

3 likes received
5 likes given
Information Request

Hi All,

We applied in October 2016 for PV309/100.

On 14th January we received a request for additional information. The first section is an additional sponsor document that i left out initially and the other two are the police checks and medicals. We will hopefully get the PC and Meds in within the next two weeks.

My question is in relation to the additional sponsor document. I have now attached it to my immi account. Should I click "Information provided" now or should I wait until we submit the medicals and police checks in two weeks time. As the sponsor document is ready I don't want to wait for another two weeks. Or should I wait and submit all together in two weeks time?

Thanks for your help.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #860 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2017, 04:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 65
Users Flag! From uk

5 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamainspain View Post
Hi All,

We applied in October 2016 for PV309/100.

On 14th January we received a request for additional information. The first section is an additional sponsor document that i left out initially and the other two are the police checks and medicals. We will hopefully get the PC and Meds in within the next two weeks.

My question is in relation to the additional sponsor document. I have now attached it to my immi account. Should I click "Information provided" now or should I wait until we submit the medicals and police checks in two weeks time. As the sponsor document is ready I don't want to wait for another two weeks. Or should I wait and submit all together in two weeks time?

Thanks for your help.
Pretty sure you need to wait until all information requested is provided.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
309/100 offshore partner visa KomalAujla Immigration Timelines 50 12-07-2016 03:45 AM
Subclass 309 / 100 offshore partner visa laurah1302 Visas and immigration 4 04-05-2014 09:35 PM
Offshore Partner visa 309/100 Vshah Visas and immigration 2 09-30-2013 10:27 AM
Offshore Partner Visa Final Checks 309 / 100 yourfriendkyle Visas and immigration 2 08-09-2012 11:14 AM
Medical Assessment Offshore 309/100 'Partner' visa Rygen Visas and immigration 4 11-23-2011 07:12 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:13 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com