Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree264Likes

Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 80
Users Flag! From australia

46 likes received
24 likes given
Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room

Hi everyone,
I noticed that there is a waiting room for people waiting on the Onshore Partner visa, but nothing similar (that I could find!) for those of us waiting offshore.
There will be some similarities for both groups, but I thought it might be helpful for those of us waiting offshore to stick together for morale!
We applied 6 weeks ago (and it feels like FOREVER!), and I've been feeling really down in the dumps about being offshore. All I really want is to go home and be closer to my family, and start building our lives together in Aus. I miss home a lot. Unfortunately we can't go home until we have my partner's visa!
We moved from Aus to NZ when my partner's last Aus visa ran out, and we've been essentially waiting here until we can go back home. He's from the UK.
I guess I'm just hoping that there are other people out there who have applied for their 309/100 and might want to keep in touch.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 373
Users Flag! From kenya

100 likes received
68 likes given
Waiting also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac01 View Post
Hi everyone,
I noticed that there is a waiting room for people waiting on the Onshore Partner visa, but nothing similar (that I could find!) for those of us waiting offshore.
There will be some similarities for both groups, but I thought it might be helpful for those of us waiting offshore to stick together for morale!
We applied 6 weeks ago (and it feels like FOREVER!), and I've been feeling really down in the dumps about being offshore. All I really want is to go home and be closer to my family, and start building our lives together in Aus. I miss home a lot. Unfortunately we can't go home until we have my partner's visa!
We moved from Aus to NZ when my partner's last Aus visa ran out, and we've been essentially waiting here until we can go back home. He's from the UK.
I guess I'm just hoping that there are other people out there who have applied for their 309/100 and might want to keep in touch.

Dear Jmac01,

Thanks for the concern for those who are waiting for partner visa 309/100 offshore as you do.
I am one of you, and applied just before 2 weeks, less than you are waiting!!!!!!!

I am in Kenya, my wife and daughter in Brisbane, QLD. I am thirst for their reunification and wanted it to happened as soon as tomorrow, if possible, I know it is not.

I am worse that Kenya is a high risk country.

Wish you soon grant of visa
Hassan

Dinkum and aytos2101 like this.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2014, 03:11 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,641
Users Flag! From usa

4232 likes received
5846 likes given
Jmac, the reason is that the process and the experiences vary widely from embassy to embassy. So there are threads for specific embassies so you get information (and can commiserate with) people who are going through the same process as you are. For example - the wait for a 309 from Kenya or Pakistan or Bosnia-Herzegovina can be 18 months or longer, but the wait for a 309 from, say, Berlin is more like 6-8 months. And the embassies handle the process very differently. That's why general 309 threads don't tend to last long - people seek out other people going through the same thing as them.

As an example, if you talked to someone applying from the US they'd tell you it was just fine to apply for a visitor visa while you're waiting out the 309, and that your CO will let you know when to get offshore to get your visa granted, and it won't delay it (it's true in almost every embassy). But if that information was given to someone applying through India, they'd risk delaying their application by several months if they didn't time their visitor visa correctly.

Just my two cents!
__________________
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV)
Nationality: US
Applied: Online, Onshore through Sydney Office
Application Date: 24 April 2014
Police Checks: Not neccessary as completed for PMV
Medicals: Not neccessary as completed for PMV
VISA GRANTED: 7 July 2014

Original PMV visa through Washington, DC. Took almost 9 months. Medicals referred (cleared in just a month). PMV granted 03 January 2014.

Last edited by CollegeGirl; 08-05-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 01:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 80
Users Flag! From australia

46 likes received
24 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
Jmac, the reason is that the process and the experiences vary widely from embassy to embassy. So there are threads for specific embassies so you get information (and can commiserate with) people who are going through the same process as you are. For example - the wait for a 309 from Kenya or Pakistan or Bosnia-Herzegovina can be 18 months or longer, but the wait for a 309 from, say, Berlin is more like 6-8 months. And the embassies handle the process very differently. That's why general 309 threads don't tend to last long - people seek out other people going through the same thing as them.

As an example, if you talked to someone applying from the US they'd tell you it was just fine to apply for a visitor visa while you're waiting out the 309, and that your CO will let you know when to get offshore to get your visa granted, and it won't delay it (it's true in almost every embassy). But if that information was given to someone applying through India, they'd risk delaying their application by several months if they didn't time their visitor visa correctly.

Just my two cents!

Thanks CollegeGirl. I knew there were embassy-specific forums but nobody seems to apply from New Zealand! So it's kind of sad to be all alone! I was hoping there might be some moral support since we're all offshore, some of the experience may be universal.

Just a question you might be able to help with - now that most applications are online, do the applications still get assigned to an embassy?

Dinkum likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 03:00 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,641
Users Flag! From usa

4232 likes received
5846 likes given
Yes, they do still get assigned to an embassy - whichever one is closest to you in most cases.

There really won't be too many universal experiences embassy to embassy, unfortunately, except for the waiting (and even that will be different since some people have two years of waiting while others have six months, and some people can visit their partners while waiting and others can't). When a CO gets assigned varies, whether you get notified of this varies, how long your acknowledgment takes varies, how long processing takes varies, if they tell you how long processing will take varies, IF they stick to their quoted processing times varies, whether processing times are getting slower or looking like they might be getting better varies, which forms you need to provide varies, whether or not a tourist visa during processing could potentially affect your application processing time varies, what requirements they have for proving genuine relationships (to some extent) varies, what sort of marriage ceremony needs to have been had for them to view it as legit can vary, etc. etc. etc. It's insane how different requirements can be from embassy to embassy! Yikes.

Dinkum likes this.
__________________
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV)
Nationality: US
Applied: Online, Onshore through Sydney Office
Application Date: 24 April 2014
Police Checks: Not neccessary as completed for PMV
Medicals: Not neccessary as completed for PMV
VISA GRANTED: 7 July 2014

Original PMV visa through Washington, DC. Took almost 9 months. Medicals referred (cleared in just a month). PMV granted 03 January 2014.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 03:57 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Hi there, we haven't applied yet but are offshore together waiting to get everything together. Were also in NZ we are in Queenstown but headed to Wellington soon. Where are you located. Let's chat. Bella

Jmac01 and diletta.laino like this.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2014, 05:44 PM
jennie0987's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Vietnam
Posts: 37
Users Flag! From uk

21 likes received
27 likes given
Hi!

We are offshore too, I am British and my fiancee is an Aussie, we are applying for the 309 visa.
We are living in Vietnam and applied coming on a month ago now!
Would love to hear about anyone who has applied in Vietnam... I have searched and searched but cant seem to find anyone!! We have already submitted our police checks and our medical check!

Jmac01 likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 80
Users Flag! From australia

46 likes received
24 likes given
Good to hear from you guys!
Bella, where is your partner from? (or you, if you're the one applying for the visa ) We are also in the South Island, I'll see if I can figure out how to message you.
Hi Jennie, I haven't heard of anyone applying from Vietnam - it's an unusual situation that we're in too, Aussie/Brit relationship and living in a third country! Looks like we applied at a similar time, so it will be interesting to talk about similarities/differences. We haven't heard anything from IMMI yet, but figured we won't hear anything for a while!

additional:
it will be interesting to see what the time frame is for NZ applications... the subcontractor (?) that processes applications in NZ says on their website that the time frame for the 309 is 12 months, but on the IMMI website it says the time frame is 5 months for low risk countries.

Dinkum likes this.

Last edited by Jmac01; 08-07-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2014, 02:48 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,641
Users Flag! From usa

4232 likes received
5846 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac01 View Post
Good to hear from you guys!
Bella, where is your partner from? (or you, if you're the one applying for the visa ) We are also in the South Island, I'll see if I can figure out how to message you.
Hi Jennie, I haven't heard of anyone applying from Vietnam - it's an unusual situation that we're in too, Aussie/Brit relationship and living in a third country! Looks like we applied at a similar time, so it will be interesting to talk about similarities/differences. We haven't heard anything from IMMI yet, but figured we won't hear anything for a while!

additional:
it will be interesting to see what the time frame is for NZ applications... the subcontractor (?) that processes applications in NZ says on their website that the time frame for the 309 is 12 months, but on the IMMI website it says the time frame is 5 months for low risk countries.
Ignore that timeframe on the Immi website. It has not been updated for at least two years and is very misleading. There's no low-risk embassy anymore with an average of 5 months processing... I really wish they'd just take that wrong information down.

Dinkum and Akash1990 like this.
__________________
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV)
Nationality: US
Applied: Online, Onshore through Sydney Office
Application Date: 24 April 2014
Police Checks: Not neccessary as completed for PMV
Medicals: Not neccessary as completed for PMV
VISA GRANTED: 7 July 2014

Original PMV visa through Washington, DC. Took almost 9 months. Medicals referred (cleared in just a month). PMV granted 03 January 2014.

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2014, 03:02 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
College girl feel free to find me on fb Bella Hallinan


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
309/100 offshore partner visa KomalAujla Immigration Timelines 50 12-07-2016 03:45 AM
Subclass 309 / 100 offshore partner visa laurah1302 Visas and immigration 4 04-05-2014 09:35 PM
Offshore Partner visa 309/100 Vshah Visas and immigration 2 09-30-2013 10:27 AM
Offshore Partner Visa Final Checks 309 / 100 yourfriendkyle Visas and immigration 2 08-09-2012 11:14 AM
Medical Assessment Offshore 309/100 'Partner' visa Rygen Visas and immigration 4 11-23-2011 07:12 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com