Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Western Australia State Sponsorship

11K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  maisara 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how long it is taking to get State Sponsorship for Western Australia? We applied on 11/8/09 and are still waiting. I am a Cook.

henniandjohn :confused:

#11 ·
Hi There

would like to ask you what was your IELTS Score at that time did you have minimum 7 in each module?
and one more question did you apply from a western country or asian country? what was your secret to get visa so early after I got my assessment in 2008 I applied in Nov-08 and so far no reply no response ..thanks
Mohsin

#5 ·
Hi,

I have applied on 15/July 09 for WA state sponsorship. I am a chemical engineer with my job category listed on MODL. I am still awaiting my state sponsorship.

Could anyone tell me how long it takes??? At the time of applying I got a message from WA (state sponsorship office) telling me not to followup for at least 3 months. It's now 5 months and when I followed up thru my agent they just told him it would take a bit longer.

Are there any options/ alternatives available?

Is it worth applying directly for immigration?

Regards,
Ashwin from Mumbai India

#6 ·
Hi amankodi,
Your agent should be able to advise you of two things:
1. Chemical Engineering is on the CSL - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/critical-skills-list.pdf
2. Hopefully if your application is complete and ready to go it can be submitted as a 175 whilst the state nomination application is preceding, they being two separate things and state nomination is one thing that can be submitted after a visa application and then the 175 becomes a 176.

You may want to review what your work opportunities in WA will be for a CE as much more scope in eastern states.

#7 ·
Hi Wanderer ,

Thanks for replying so fast...

My agent had informed me that if I tried to do what you recommended i.e. apply for immigration and then add the WA state sponsorship as and when it comes there would be no real benefit as at the time of lodging the state sponsorship, the entire process time would again be reset (immigrations would regard this as a fresh application). That is why they advised me to wait for the WA state sponsorship.

Also your point on the Eastern States could you please elaborate...I had read/heard that for the quality of lifestyle and facilities WA ranks as one of the best in Australia. There are presumably a good no. of jobs for chemical engrs with 5-6 years....

I would be very interested in your opinion as I have completed all pre requisites for state sponsorship and I feel I am ready for immigration as well...

I have an IELTS score of 8 and also hold a positive skills assement certificate for my field i.e. chem. engr.

Look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Ashwin

#8 ·
I'm not aware exactly how DIAC process a 175/176 re lodgement date when a state nomination is put in afterwards but it is something you could try and check yourself via a pre lodgement enquiry via contact on Department of Immigration & Citizenship

WA like just about all of Australia can offer quality living but there are factors there: relative isolation, real estate and other living costs relatively high and though plenty of work as resources sector continues to develop and there'll be some CE roles, you're talking of a population of about 10% that of Australia, the far greater concentration of population and industry being ib east and also a far greater diversity of living options.

#9 ·
Dear Wanderer,

Thanks for your replies.....I appreciate your advice and will try to find out more.

I know a lot of people have been asking this but I would like to know when I could expect a reply from WA for the state sponsorship given that I have lodged my application on 15 th July... Could you give me some idea / time frame for the same....
Thanks for your help....

Regards,
Ashwin

#10 ·
Other than what people have posted on this thread amankodi you could browse the timeline sticky thread and see if there's any indication but whatever duration WA give as a guide, it'll be only that for numbers of applicants and staffing levels as well as the applications themselves will affect outcome.

#15 ·
Hi

Submitted state sponsorship application on 21st July 2009 and still waiting.
Based on Flamboyant's response above I would hope to receive it in early Jan.
I would imagine the SBDC in WA would have taken leave over the Christmas/New Year period, so processing would have been on hold until next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.