Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PMV/Partner Visa from Cairo - Waiting Room...

263K views 2K replies 80 participants last post by  BECKZ 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is a list of people that applied at the Cairo Embassy, Egypt. If you want to be added or you information is incorrect please let Mish know.

VISAS PENDING

Waiting2015: Sudan. Applied January 2015. 300. CO is IS.
MrsNK: Morocco. Applied May 2015. CO is CE.
ahmedsyed1980: Morocco. Applied June 2015. CO is SY.
Becks: Egypt. Applied June 2015. CO is AM.
salsamalsa: Egypt. Applied July 2015. CO is AM.
MissMaroc: Morocco. Applied June 2015. CO is SY.

VISAS PROCESSED
Mish: Egypt. 9 months 2 weeks (Applied April 2013, Granted January 2014). 300. CO was SY
akinawamomo: Yemen. 18 months (Applied January 2013, Granted July 2014). 300. CO was SY.
R.A: Egypt. 9 months 1 week (Applied November 2013, Granted August 2014). 309. CO was SY.
Sydney: Egypt. 9 months 3 weeks (Applied November 2013, Granted September 2014). 300. CO was YE.
couscous: Morocco. 8 months 1 week (Applied December 2013, Granted September 2014). 300. CO was MA.
Hala: Egypt. 9 months (Applied January 2014, Granted September 2014). 300. CO was YE.
waliku: Sudan. 8 months 2 weeks (Applied February 2014, Granted October 2014). 309. CO was CE.
Patient: Morocco. 7 months 1 week (Applied March 2014, Granted October 2014). 300. CO was CE.
faith555: Morocco. 5 months 2 weeks (Applied May 2014, Granted October 2014). 309. CO was IS.
non: Sudan. 6 months 2 weeks (Applied April 2014, Granted October 2014). 309. CO was SY.
sesocam: Egypt. 6 months 2 weeks (Applied April 2014, Granted October 2014). 309. CO was SY.
montasbaby: Tunisia. 5 months 5 days (Applied July 2014, Granted December 2014). 300. CO was SB.
glyph: Egypt. 6 months 3 weeks (Applied June 2014, Granted December 2014). 309. CO was IS.
tiffan: Morocco. 4 months (Applied September 2014, Granted January 2015). 309. CO was IS.
Negative Ned: Sudan. 6 months 2 weeks (Applied July 2014, Granted February 2015). 300. CO was IS.
nosunshine: Morocco. 6 months (Applied December 2014, Granted June 2015). 309. CO was IS.
KitKaat: Syria. 20.5 months (Applied October 2013, Granted July 2015). 309. CO was IS.
KZL: Algeria. 7 months 2 weeks (Applied December 2014, Granted August 2015). 309. CO was IS.
Jennifer31: Egypt. 7 months 3 weeks 6 days (Applied December 2014, Granted August 2015). 309. CO was YE.
Bunsen87: Egypt. 7 months 3 weeks 3 days (Applied December 2014, Granted August 2015). 300. CO was SY.
Nony2015: Egypt. 8 months 1 day (Applied December 2014, Granted August 2015). 309. CO was IS.
mariamrashid: Egypt. 6 months 3 weeks 3 days (Applied April 2015, Granted November 2015). 300.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi there,
Great to hear from you! My fiance applied in Cairo February 2013 for a pmv and we're still waiting unfortunately. It's taking a lot longer Than we expected and were told (i believe due to the security checks) But yeah we're hoping the approval is just around The corner for us InshAllah.
Has an interview been scheduled for you guys yet?
Cheers

#14 · (Edited)
Hi,

Since it has been quiet in our waiting room for a long time :( I thought it might be useful if I post here the list of people who are currently waiting for some good news from the Cairo Embassy:

a - 300 Feb 2013 (approved July 2014)
ia - 309 September 2013
k - 309 October 2013
R - 309 November 2013
H - 300 November 2013
S - 300 November 2013
c - 300 December 2013
f - 309 March 2014
P - 300 March 2014
s - 309 April 2014
NN - 300 July 2014

Good luck to all of us!!!

#15 ·
Hi,

Since it has been quiet in our waiting room for a long time :( I thought it might be useful if I post here the list of people who are currently waiting for some good news from the Cairo Embassy:

a - 300 Jan 2013
ia - 309 September 2013
k - 309 October 2013
R - 309 November 2013
H - 300 November 2013
S - 300 November 2013
c - 300 December 2013
f - 309 March 2014

Good luck to all of us!!!
This is good thanks Sydney! Good luck to all of us indeed! I

#19 ·
After nearly 9 months waiting, our case officer requested for the first time the medical examination for my stepson!! At the beginning of the lodgement we stated that the child is engaged and doesn't want to go to australia, and currently he's in syria ! But I can't understand why is the slackness from our CO!! He should request these medical at the beginning !

I am now miserable :-(

#21 ·
Stupid CO. Medicals are required for all non-migrating. How could he not know that? Do you know if electronic or not for the medical? If they get sent to oz might take longer :(.

FYI ... your co is new at partner visas, he use to do tourist visas.

Sounds like you are close to a decision :)

#20 ·
I have applied January 2014 Still waiting .It's quite frustrating like you all but we have nothing to do but to wait n keep patience In sha Allah Allah will give us something special we r expecting for . best of luck all. keep me in ur prayers.

Reactions: KitKaat and Dinkum
#23 ·
In most embassies they don't ask for medicals until some time through the processing of the visa because medicals expire in a year. Especially somewhere like Cairo where some of the applicants are going to be from high-risk countries, wouldn't it actually make sense for them to wait to request medicals so they don't expire and the applicants have to do them all over again? I don't know.

Reactions: Dinkum
#25 ·
Wow, that's crazy (and annoying). :( At least medicals shouldn't delay things too much more... but really, that sucks. :(

#26 ·
Yes what Mish is explained is true, and today my partner told me that the CO for the first time was really confounded and confessed! my partner asked the CO about form 80 whether it came or not, he replied with "yes" and after two seconds told him "No didn't came!!

Mish, I am not really sure if the medical is electronic or not. Actually it depends on the location if we found panel physician in Damascus it wouldn't be electronic, but if we manage to get the kid to Lebanon therefore it will be electronic. For the second option, it would be mission impossible!!

#34 ·
The medical is whenever you make it but the request for the medical is in the email when you get your co (or that is how it worked for us).

If you lodge online they may not put it in the request because you can generate your own HAP ID where paper lodgement the case officer does it for you.

#37 ·
hey guys ,
my wife applied april 2014 , in cairo

online application , however the case officer requested all the documents to be handed in the embassy !!! strange

we got the e mail the second day of our application day

my wife , and my son already have done the medicals last year

it seems it takes long time to get the visa in Cairo

does any one know if the applicants female makes any difference or the same ???
also we applied for visa 309/100 with a cover letter to explain to them we can get visa 100 straight away

Reactions: Dinkum
#38 ·
You are the 2nd person to comment about Cairo not liking online applications.

Is your co IS (initials only on forum)? A couple of others have him.

Actually Cairo doesn't take a long time for visas for a high risk country. UK and USA is around 9 months and Cairo is around 9-10 months in most cases.

The co may ask your wife and son to redo medicals as they need to be valid when entering Australia.

#44 ·
You are the 2nd person to comment about Cairo not liking online applications.

Is your co IS (initials only on forum)? A couple of others have him.

Actually Cairo doesn't take a long time for visas for a high risk country. UK and USA is around 9 months and Cairo is around 9-10 months in most cases.

The co may ask your wife and son to redo medicals as they need to be valid when entering Australia.
Seems that im the only one who have IS as a co here :( , that's scary lol

#39 ·
Thanks for your reply ,
our case officer is SY
but she did not ask for form 80 , she asked for everything except it

is it normal ??

my wife's medicals still valid till november 2014

hopefully she grant it before that date.

one question plz , is the case officer in the embassy in Cairo , the one who gives the final decision ??? or they forward the file to someone in Australia to make the decision as senior case officer

thanks

#40 ·
SY is really nice but she will just give you standard responses.

You need to be prepared that the decision will not come through prior to November 2014. Also the decision will usually be a few weeks at least before the medicals expire so if a decision was made in October then she would need to enter oz by November. SY may try and get a decision before they expire, who knows. You can just wait and see.

I was told that Egyptians don't need to submit the form 80 but you can always email her to ask.

The decision will come from SY that will be signed off by the Australian officer in Cairo.

#41 ·
thanks Mish

the last question ����������

is there any difference if the applicant female or male ????

i have been told that female applicants processing faster than male's

any idea about that ??
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.