Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - partner permanent visa (801 visa) waiting group!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 04:16 AM

Users Flag! From nigeria

13 likes received
48 likes given
Guys I email the minister of immigration few weeks ago this is the reply I got today

Thank you for your email of 4 January 2016 to the Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, The Hon Peter Dutton MP, requesting expedition of your permanent Partner (Subclass 801) visa application. The Minister appreciates the time you have taken to bring this matter to his attention and has asked that I reply on his behalf.
Due to the very high volume of Partner visa applications which have been lodged in Australia, the current average processing time is 12 to 15 months. These service standards are indicative only and individual cases may be decided in longer or shorter periods, depending on a range of factors.
In the interest of fairness, applications are generally processed in chronological order of lodgement date. I appreciate that you would like your Partner visa application finalised as quickly as possible. However, the nature of Partner migration is such that most cases have an emotional or compassionate element.
Should we require any further information from you to progress your application, you can expect the Department to make contact with you. It is essential that applicants update the Department if their contact details change, and respond to any requests as quickly as possible to avoid any delays in processing.
Thank you for raising this matter with the Minister. Yours sincerely
Wendy Davenport Director
Partner Migration 18 February 2016