Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Partner Visa Subclasses 300 and 820
View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Wanderer Wanderer is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Originally Posted by dinkle View Post
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me in layman's terms the difference between the above 2 Partner Visas? They're both for temporary visas according to the immi website but which one allows me to apply for while in Australia and what is the process involved in both/either?

Thanks in advance

Dee =)
Have a read of details @ Family - Visas & Immigration and Family - Visas & Immigration

The 300 is applied for outside and it is based on entering Australia, marrying and then submitting a partner visa within 9 months of the 300 grant date.

The 820 is the partner visa to be applied for when you are in Australia and if not married you need evidence of a 12 months relationship.
You also need to have entered Australia on a visa that allows a further visa to be applied for.