Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Can I be an Early Childhood teacher in Queensland?
View Single Post
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2016, 10:42 AM
KofteQueen KofteQueen is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 202
Users Flag! From australia

48 likes received
142 likes given
As Verystormy mentioned, you need a 4-year university qualification, such as a 3-year Bachelors degree plus Dip. Ed. (or PGCE) or a 4-year Bachelor of Education degree to teach in Australian schools. Pre-schools / day care centres may have different requirements in terms of qualifications needed, but I believe you still have to be registered as an Early Childhood Teacher with the Queensland College of Teachers.

I'm not sure that I'm allowed post links, so I recommend you look at the ACECQA website (Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority), and the Queensland Government Department of Education website, since that is where you want to work. The ACECQA site lists the approved/recognised Early Childhood Teacher qualifications.

Naturally, your overseas qualification will need to be assessed.You will also be required to provide a police check from the UK and be able to obtain a Working with Children Check for Queensland.

Last edited by KofteQueen; 06-18-2016 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Additional detail added