Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Can i apply for onshore partner visa if offshore partner visa is under processing?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 03:06 AM

Users Flag! From australia

10 likes received
2 likes given
Thanks JandE. i totally agree with you. I have to decide whether it is worth to pay the application fee again and also consider the time aspect.

As I am pregnant, i can get the medicare card if i apply for onshore application and cut the cost related to child birth. Moreover, later we can claim family tax benefits as well.

I appreciate that you have given greater insight with the timeline of your visa application but at this stage I am more inclined to apply onshore.

Please let me know:
Do I need to withdraw my existing application of offshore partner visa first or I can apply onshore partner visa application without withdrawing the offshore application?

I am asking this because i want to know that can i leave both application to process in parallel. Because later on, when offshore visa application get processed and i am in condition to travel then i can get offshore visa by leaving country for a week or so and withdraw onshore application. It is like i am paying for two dishes and will eat whichever get served first.