Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - 309/100 from Kenya
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 08:01 AM

Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
309/100 from Kenya

Hi, just looking for some advise on Spouse visa's from Kenya. I'm Australian and my husband is Kenyan, married since Nov 2014 and living together in Kenya since 2012. I return to Australia to work for a few months every year to earn enough to support us and am just about to return to Kenya and then will be applying for his visa online to hopefully come back to Aus together permanently. (I have a dependent spouse visa in Kenya, only cost $50 and was much easier to get, though did take about 8 months!)
Firstly how long does it usually take for a Kenyan application? I know its a high risk country, but we have a fair bit of evidence for our relationship being genuine.
Also should we do his medical and criminal record checks to submit with the initial app or is it better to wait till we are told to do it? I don't want to be paying for these things twice if the validity expires, as it's going to be a struggle to pay all the fees as it is.
Thanks.