Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - 820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 03:02 AM

Users Flag! From usa

13 likes received
78 likes given
That's really good advice, Arabella! Thank you :-)

Although we never worried about me transferring her money for rent, utilities, etc .... rather we balanced it out thru me paying for activities, meals, etc. I am considering transferring half of what she's paid in rent the last 5 months in to either her individual bank account or perhaps to our joint account, then the description on the bank transfer say "rent Oct - Mar" to show that official financial relationship. As I said, we're moving out in a couple weeks now and going overseas for a few months, so we sort of missed out on the opportunity to get us both on bills. Getting the joint bank account last week was a good first start 5 months into the de facto and we have/will had our names on heaps of holiday travels .... but I agree we need a lot more. It's too bad all the pictures, social media posts, holiday travels, etc don't hold more weight .... I've been reading how hard immigration judges applicants on financial tie-ins. We need to do better because we're fully committed, but just need better paper trail organization.