Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - State Sponsored Applications Lodged Prior To 1 July 2010 Likely To Be Given Low Prior
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 08:10 PM

Please update your flag here .

Please comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr786 View Post
June 5, 2010 - Recent comments by the Department of Immigration & Citizenship (DIAC), in presentations to Australian immigration lawyers and registered migration agents, indicated that State Sponsored applications lodged prior to 1 July 2010 are likely to be given low priority.

It has been suggested that under the new priority processing guidelines (expected to be released from 1 July 2010), State Sponsored applications lodged prior to 1 July 2010, may be ranked as low as Priority Level 4, behind: Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), State Migration Plans and
According to recent reports:

Skilled Independent applications on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL). Priority level 4 applications have previously experienced significant processing delays.

It is anticipated that State Migration Plan sponsorships will continue to attract very high priority under the new processing guidelines, while applicants sponsored by States under arrangements in place prior to 1 July 2010 will not attract the same priority level. If this occurs, Applicants who lodged an application prior to 1 July 2010 may wish to consider if they can lodge a new application after 1 July 2010 to have their application processed more quickly.
Dear Sr786,

Its always good to have recent and latest information from all of you through this forum.

I am Usman and have applied in August 2007 under MODL visa subclass 136. Now it is converted to 176 on 7th September, 2009.

I recently got my state sponsorship approved by WA on 21st May, 2010.

I would like to know what does that mean? As if immigration was halted and my application could be made pending as it was since 2007. But if I got the state sponsorship, does it make sense that in Western Australia my occupation is in need?

I just want to know whether is it a good sign to have my sponsorship approved and is it going to give me some light out of dark?

Also please enlighten me about what is being done with the applications for subclasses 175, 176 already lodged? are they being processed these days or no work is being done for pending applications?

Please comment.