Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

canadian on W & H visa wants a partner visa

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Wanderer 
#1 ·
heyyy
i came to australia to be with my bf...we have had a long distance thing going for a while....thru net and fone calls and he visited me in korea...etc...but now im in australia and im on a working holiday visa...been here a month...so im wondering...how do i lodge the partner visa app...if it says i have to b defacto for year...but after a year my W& H visa is done...do i go to bali for a wkd and come back on a tourist visa?? or should i do the 88 days of seasonal work and extend my w & h visa then apply for partner visa?????
any suggestions??
thanks!

#2 ·
I would suggest your thought of doing the regional seasonal work or WWOOF Australia is a great idea for it'll give you that extra year to see how the relationship goes and certaintly the opportunity to build the 12 months IF I assume correctly you are from a country that gives you the WHV417 as against the W & H V 462 for there is no second W & H V as with the 417.

Regardless you should start compiling your records from the start and that way there should not be an issue when the time comes to submit an application.
You can also keep working if you submit the application while on the WHV or if you get a bridging visa on its expiry while still awaiting a partner visa.

If it is the W & H V you may want to look at the possibility of employer sponsorship if you have some particular skill set.
Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

If you do need to leave to return to make sure of the 12 months period, you ought to do so on an ETA if possible for tourist visas can have a No Further Stay condition imposed.

Other alternatives may be narriage or a relationship registration to have the 12 months relationship requirement waived.

Have a look at some recent partner visa threads for the relationship registration has been discussed frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.