Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Member Here!

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  leila 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone! I am looking at migrating to Australia together with my family and I would love to hear different opinions and things that I should expect. I've read information about migrating to Australia on the government website but it would be nice to hear real life experiences.

#4 ·
You'll find that there are many different stories that immigrants have, some good, some not so good and some bad enough that people even decide to head back where they have come from.
Australia in many ways is a whole lot different to other countries for it is a country that has people from over 200 different nationalities and it does take some time for people with different backgrounds to assimilate and even find something in common.

One aspect of Australia that can be something of a binder is the outdoors and sport, our moderate drier climate being ideal for many activities and so be it a city or more rural area people decide to head to, if they want to feel part of a community and make friends, sport is one way of doing it but in general people probably need to make a bigger effort to put themselves out there, just the same as if you moved to a new location within the same country but more so because you may be coming to a place where the language is different for even our english is our own brand.

Real Estate in Australia is also horrendously expensive.

#6 ·
Hi everyone, my name's Laurel, I'm from Vietnam. I'm brand new to the forum. Nice to meet you all and it would be great to get to know things about immigration issues. Thanks for welcoming me
Ciao em, Welcome to the forum Laurel and an unusual name for Vietnam or are families there now starting to use non Vietnamese names.
You'll see from our Visas & Immigration section there's a heap of posts/stories on what people are doing, not too many Vietnamese but there are many in Australia, a lot as refugees after the Vietnamese war and still some do migrate since.

This post has been deleted
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.