Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

820 prove is this enough

5K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  rhodered 
#1 ·
Ok so the process has started finally ive got off my butt and gathered all the info together below is a list of the things i have enclosed is this enough or would you say i need to add more info.

photos of how we first met
photos of holidays before marriage
photos of wedding NO INVITATIONS we had a quiet wedding
Job contract showing im in part time employment
All nursing certificates from Australia
Tax number
bank statements before and after marriage showing address the same as husbands, including his bank statements
Utility bills in my name and joint names
stat decs from all parties including mine and husbands
documentation showing i had container from Malta to Australia with all my belongings.
Documents showing passports and visa,s of cats being imported from Malta

form 47sp
form 40sp
stat decs 888 from friends and relatives x 5

certified copies
marriage certificate
divorces marriage certificate and nisi
documents of husbands approval of stay in Australia
naturals father birth certificate
natural fathers death certificate
my birth certificate showing my birth name
adoption papers for me showing change of name
marriage certificate of first marriage
divorce papers of first marriage
marriage certificate of second marriage
divorce papers of second marriage
Wills of both me and my husband
Marriage certificate of my husband and I
national police certificate
Death certificates of all parents
Superfund showing that I am the beneficiary

do you think this is enough for the DIAC for the second stage or should i show more evidence. The problem is im not that photogenic and i hate photos, my husband is 57 and doesnt really socialize so pictures with friends are really non existent.
Please do you think i have enough evidence or do i need to worry lol.

thanks guys

louiseb

See less See more
#2 ·
What did you provide for your PMV? I would give them all of that plus marriage certificate, wedding photos and joint stuff and extra evidence between PMV and 820 like holidays etc.

I notice that you don't have anything like chat extracts etc for when you were apart, I would include those items.

Also I think don't think employment contract etc are necessary at all for the applicant. All it shows is that you are working, it doesn't show that the relationship is genuine. People come here all the time to work.

Also never give your TFN unless it is asked for by someone who needs it. DIAC do not need it so do not give to them. When I did my PMV I blacked out my TFN as I do not want anyone steeling it - I have worked with identity theft so am very conscious of these things.

Good-luck :)

#4 ·
What did you provide for your PMV? I would give them all of that plus marriage certificate, wedding photos and joint stuff and extra evidence between PMV and 820 like holidays etc.

I notice that you don't have anything like chat extracts etc for when you were apart, I would include those items.

Also I think don't think employment contract etc are necessary at all for the applicant. All it shows is that you are working, it doesn't show that the relationship is genuine. People come here all the time to work.

Also never give your TFN unless it is asked for by someone who needs it. DIAC do not need it so do not give to them. When I did my PMV I blacked out my TFN as I do not want anyone steeling it - I have worked with identity theft so am very conscious of these things.

Good-luck :)
Thanks never thought about the TFN and identity theft. I used this as it shows the address so i will black this out. we havent being on a Holiday abroad since we came over to Australia firstly because we have had so much to do and an expensive few months, and secondly ive being working most days. We have being away in Australia for a few days but we didnt take photos of both of us together. we can show credit card details of places we stayed in like hotels ect.
Thanks Louiseb

#3 ·
That's a great list Louise I will Do the same. I would still try and do some photos with family or friends. What about club memberships. I was looking at membership for Brisbane roar and I saw we could be a lite membership for 3 games in both names around $60 maybe sonething similar? Or what about joining ur local rsl club. U font have to go just join around 10$ each

#5 ·
Now the subject of being part of a club is a good point for most people but my husband is 57 im 46 and we enjoy life at home and together, my husband is not one for socializing bless him he prefers a quiet life lol, he hates footy. I dont want to join clubs just to pretend that we go because we dont, dont get me wrong our lifestyle isnt boring but as far as my hubby is concerned he wants to live a quiet easy life relaxed at home playing his computer, Due to him having a massive heart attack in the UK when we went abroad he became reclusive to be honest i believe he scared of being away from home just in case.

#8 ·
You're going to be fine, louise. :) They've already decided you're a genuine couple when you applied for the PMV, and 99% of PMV to 820 applicants are approved! So take a deep breath. :)

Here's what I'm planning to do when it's (hopefully!) my turn to do the same thing -

I'm going to separate my application into an "Identity Documents" section, and four other sections, one for each category of evidence: financial aspects, the nature of the household, social context of the relationship, and the nature of our commitment to each other. Each of these sections will have a brief statement on the front of it giving a summary/index of what's there and what it represents.

Then, each of those four categories will be split into two sections: "Evidence Provided for Original Subclass 300 Application" and "New Evidence."

My theory is that the person looking at this will pretty much be looking to rubber-stamp the old information we provided (just to make sure they agree with the previous CO at a glance) and then look a little more in-depth at our new evidence (wedding pics, marriage cert, new bank account together, etc.) to ensure we've really married, combined households, and combined finances.

I definitely agree that you need to provide basically all the same evidence you provided for your PMV (well, not old out-of-date stat decs, obviously). Include conversations you had about your future, cards you sent each other, etc. Make sure you pull all the best evidence from your PMV out for this. If you included a lot of chat logs to prove you'd stayed in touch, etc., I think you could be more selective with the ones you originally submitted with your PMV. Definitely include a selection to demonstrate you were still in touch while your application was being processed, up until the time you were together, though.

#9 ·
Thanks CG
to be honest both kevin and i were not apart at all, after my first visit and we decided to commit to each other when i left Australia ( because of the visa) he came back to Malta with me. whenever i had to leave he came with me until we finally decided to pack everything from Australia and move to Malta where i applied for the PMV visa, he was by my side all the time. since we met i believe i only had 1 week away from him. I have sent all the details to the DIAC in the original application showing them that we never left each others side.

Hopefully it will be ok fingers crossed lol.
Thanks for your advice
Louiseb

Reactions: CollegeGirl
#10 ·
Oh okay - even less to have to worry about then. (And Kevin is your DH's name! I don't think I knew that! ;)) You'll be FINE honey. Don't stress! :)

Reactions: louiseb
#11 ·
Good advice cg as usual I think I will do that also and Kevin sounds like a sweetie. We are also homebodies and love the couch and DVDs but we like to venture out occasionally. I have been buying "scoopins" to get great deals to show kobo around brissie like Segway rides along kangaroo point cliffs and tickets to alma park zoo so he can see his first kangaroo and koala guess I can use those as evidence too

#18 ·
DH is a common message board acronym. It stands for "Dear Husband." DF is Dear Fiance, DW is Dear Wife, DD is Dear Daughter, DS is Dear Son. Other people say it stands for "Darling" instead of Dear. I prefer Darling myself so always read it that way in my head. :)

#13 ·
ok so i just received some information which i want to check, whilst im typing on on the line to the IMNI perth, Manuel has kindly put me through to another department to check info on the 820 still after 20 mins im still on hold, ........... hmmm the information on there recorded messages (as im waiting is interesting lol) didnt know a person can have 510 hrs FREE English lessons once they are established in Australia within there first 5 years, still on hold guys. jeez i hope i called the free phone number lol.

So heres the update i finally got through to a guy named RED and he has told me that even though me and my husband are not sociable and dont have photo,s this is not a problem he and the department understand that some people prefer to stay home. He also said that ( wait for it) ALL FORMS have to be filled in again including the form 80 when applying for the second stage of the PMV every form we filled in for the initial application has to be filled out again. Why in gods name do they want the information when 9 months ago they have it on record.... well apparently guys they dont keep any information on record once they permit you the visa to enter the file is Finished scrubbed of file all they have is your entry details when were and how and what visa is granted. Also guys i didnt know this but hey thats from the horses mouth apparently if your granted a visa and you enter on a certain date then its 9 months from the date you entered and NOT the date they give you, i was granted the visa in January and arrived in February so the 9 months is actually from the date i entered. Oh my the info goes on and on, you dont need invitations ( we didnt have) all you need is the marriage certificate no invitations are needed, plus photos ( i didnt have a big wedding just family so photos were not that good ) regardless of the quality, he did say that never has there being an application ( from perth) that has being refused. This red gave me so much info i was drinking a glass of wine so fast that i was thinking WTHell am i worrying for. Guys this guy basically said fill out all the forms including the form 80 no need to submitt old stuff just put in utility bills if you have wedding certificate and 888,s and no problem.
Well hey there was i worrying for nothing

#14 ·
WOW! How do you get the free English lessons and can you get it while on a PMV? That is very interesting I must say.

Very interesting about what you need to supply :). Saves alot of printing.

I would be interested to know if you get the same information if you called again :p. It is well known with when calling Australian Government departments that you can get a different answer each time.

#15 ·
Seriously... if we see DIAC giving out incorrect information one more time I'm going to scream. Louise, the 9 months is NOT from the day you enter. It says clearly in the Partner Migration Booklet (page 30):

A Prospective Marriage Visa... remains valid for 9 months from the date the visa is granted. If you are granted a Prospective Marriage Visa, you must enter Australia, and, after that entry, marry your intended spouse (your fiance(e)) within the period the visa is valid.
So, to translate the legalese above: The PMV is valid for nine months from the date your visa IS GRANTED. You have to marry within the time your visa is valid, i.e., during the nine month period after your visa GRANT.

It scares me that there's so much bad information coming out of DIAC. :(

He was definitely correct about all forms having to be done again. Like I've said previously, it's basically like a new application, with the only difference being that it's faster because they know you've already been determined to be genuine once. They DO need all your old stuff again because, like the guy on the phone had JUST said himself, they don't hang onto any of your old stuff. So the CO you get is looking at it with new eyes and never seen your case before. We had someone here previously who ONLY included their NEW stuff with their 820 and were then told they didn't have enough evidence. Probably smarter to just include it. :) Because you just never know with DIAC...

#19 · (Edited)
Seriously... if we see DIAC giving out incorrect information one more time I'm going to scream.

It scares me that there's so much bad information coming out of DIAC. :(
It scares me too, especially after my CO told me last time we talked:

- "You know better about immigration than me."

and I said:

- Of course I do know a lot. After 15 months of waiting and reading about that subject I could easily have Master degree in immigration. :D

#16 · (Edited)
CG seriously he said that the 9 months starts from the date you enter Australia and i did repeat what he had said, in fact i gave him the date i entered 27th February and he told me you have 9 months from the date you entered, tomorrow i will call them again and double check this info. Dont get me wrong i believe you 100% what your saying but hey thats what he said lol, BTW the glass of wine was a small one so i wasnt hissed lol

Its bloody ridiculous that they are giving us false information seriously.
Mish yes apparently once your established in Australia you can apply for 510 hours free English lessons,but it has to be within the first 5 years of you being here. i have the number wrote down some where on the piece of paper i was using whilst on the phone, i will give it to you.

#17 ·
I believe you that he said that... he's just wrong. :p LOL.

It's not just in the Partner Migration Booklet, but on the website as well.

Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)

This visa allows you to enter Australia and marry your intended fiancé within the visa's nine month validity period.
Then, when you click through to "How This Visa Works," it says:

Sponsor and Applicant: Must marry within nine months of being granted the Prospective Marriage Visa.
It's probable that you'll get someone else this time who will give you a different answer, but if they try to say it's within nine months of you entering, make sure you ask them why both the website and the Partner Migration Booklet say differently.

#22 ·
But there's so much more I *don't* know than what I *do* know. lol. We'll see. I'm thinking about it. :)

#21 ·
That's the same for me :) I think after 2 weeks solid of searching the Internet, I think I know most of the immigration laws ! It's amazing all the incorrect and conflicting information you get from immi. It also adds to the stress of waiting for a decision to be made.

Some of the CO's are just not helpful at all :(

#25 ·
I don't think that's true of just Australia - I think it's all governments in all countries - and really, all call centres in all lines of business. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.