Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Time line for 885 onshore critical list online application

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  saadaali 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I applied online for (onshore 885) under accounting(critical list) with my spouse on the 30/12/2009

Got case officer allocated on 14/05/2010 (A long time for person in CSL)
Police and Meds were already submitted but had to send "form 80"- Sent on 15/05/2010
The online status changed saying that we have submitted all our docs - 17/05/2010
No communication since then

Few friends I know who applied under critical list accounting have got there PR processed, contacted and visa granted within maximum 5 months.

Can anyone tell me what could be the delay ? or is my time line normal ?

Can anyone also be kind enough to tel their 885 (critical list) timeline frm application to Visa grant?

Thank you in advance:confused:

#2 ·
Hi Guys,

I applied online for (onshore 885) under accounting(critical list) with my spouse on the 30/12/2009

Got case officer allocated on 14/05/2010 (A long time for person in CSL)
Police and Meds were already submitted but had to send "form 80"- Sent on 15/05/2010
The online status changed saying that we have submitted all our docs - 17/05/2010
No communication since then

Few friends I know who applied under critical list accounting have got there PR processed, contacted and visa granted within maximum 5 months.

Can anyone tell me what could be the delay ? or is my time line normal ?

Can anyone also be kind enough to tel their 885 (critical list) timeline frm application to Visa grant?

Thank you in advance:confused:
You're not long over the five months of others and expecting a visa grant within a month of a CO allocation is somewhat optimistic.
Client Service Charter mentions variations and even just staffing levels and workload at any given time will have a significant effect.
Your wife had an eligible visa I assume.

There is a timeline sticky thread you can peruse.

#5 ·
I know mate join the club, I know many people 885 CSL have got their PR in 2months and so far the max number of month I have heard is 5 months for 885 CSL, the irony is i know 2 people who applied after us and got their PR on 885 CSL. In a way you are bit lucky I guess to get allocated to a case officer in Feb where as we were allocated in May after applying in Dec 29, 2009.
I feel the the quota thing doesn't apply to us since we are in the CSL and already being allocated to a CO. The last week when I called the great Immi !, they said they will give the result before end of July.

I feel luck also matters mate, cos just cant understand how same people of same situ are treated differently. I have lost two job opportunity cos of this and very depressed but this is life and it is full of shit hehehe

Do let me know when u get the visa on this blog and I would too.

All the best

#6 ·
[
Hi,
We are just not lucky then! I wish I had my application processed in 2 months like the people you know! What were their professions? Did they apply online as well?
I haven't contacted DIAC regarding time frames, you were saying you called them. Did they mind? Because I'd love to know more as well. Did you call the basic contact number for Diac or did you e-mail your case officer?
I will keep you posted! Let me know as well!
All the best!

#7 ·
HI,

They all applied under accounting and same as me,yup they all applied online
Well you can call them up any time on weekdays between 9 to 4pm Adelaide time on 1300 364 613 and when u call just have your client ID ready( its in the email you got) and u can ask them like, whats happening with the application or how long until ....but dont have high hopes of getting precise answers.
I have called them once a month and they are cool with it but the answers they give are disappointingly non specific! ( u will know what i mean if u call) . Actually I haven't tried emailing CO and we cant reach her/him through phone either, he will contact us when it is required is my understanding

Good luck

#10 ·
Congratulations Jimmy Ray!!!

I got mine yesterday (July 1st) via e-mail at 11 pm but found out about it this morning as I was sleeping at 11 pm.
I'm so happy!
So for the recap:
date of application: 25 jan 2010
CO assigned: 10 feb 2010
visa granted: 01 July 2010

Good luck to everyone!

#11 ·
Thanks for your help wanderer. Well done Ozapplicant and all the best with ur future in Aus

Recap:
Applied (onshore 885 online) under accounting(critical list) =30/12/2009
Processed further =18/05/2010
Got case officer allocated on 14/05/2010
Visa Granted 30/06/2010

#12 ·
@all...just curious which countries are guys originally from...becos i applied for my visa 885 (accounting) on 15th december 2009, i frontloaded all documents including medicals , both police clearance(local and my home country), ielts results, academic records etc. I wasnt assigned a case officer till march 23rd when i called up immigration and asked abt the status of my application. I was told by the rep at the adelaide processing center tht my application was on the side and now that i have called & informed that i have 7 bands in all the ielts, my application would get priority processing, i was soo crossed at that time because i had mentioned on the e-visa system at the time when i was filing my application in dec'09 that i already have 7 in all the bands of ielts and apparently there system doesnt place the application on CSL till u phone the immigration and inform them about the IELTS. Anyways my status on e-visa changed to further processing on 23rd march 2010, and since then nothing has changed n whenever i call the adelaide processing centre they tellme that my application is going through standard routine processing, i have called like 3 to 4 times and ive been given the same answer every time. They did let me know my case officer;s name and team number and said that my application was being processed in the brisbane office. Just wanted to know did you guys go through the same things...im a onshore applicant originally from pakistan, how bout u guys?
hope to hear soon from u guys...n congrats once again on your visas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.