Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - WHV to BVA - Working restrictions?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 12:43 AM

Users Flag! From germany

Question WHV to BVA - Working restrictions?

Hi all,

I think we all have these constant freak out moments with our visas. I had another one today.

I talked to HR at my current employer, since I was thinking of returning after my BVA was granted (applying onshore for a 820 partner visa). He said that he was a bit worried about that, because the BVA should have the same restrictions as the WHV ( so 6 months limitation). My grant notice does not indicate that at all, it says I have not restrictions on study or work. I of course know that the letter is automatically generated - so it might not be accurate.

Can someone tell me, whether I will now have another 6 months restriction until my visa is processed? I mean, that would be two years, probably a bit less. I also wanted to start a career here and stop jumping from job to job...

I find lots of conflicting information here, so I hope someone might be able to answer this.

Thank you so much in advance!

Best,
Julia

Last edited by Jutsche; 12-05-2017 at 12:52 AM.