Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraud Visavalid

7K views 47 replies 14 participants last post by  Eh? 
#1 · (Edited)
hi bvhg hgfkf

#10 ·
#4 ·
I find it hard to believe that you didn't know about the bogus document.

What reason would this agent have had to go ahead of his own accord and falsify a document and not let you know about it?

Regardless, if you can prove that you had no knowledge of this then I would take legal action against this firm.

There was a recent change in legislation; providing false documents/information to Australian immigration now could result in a 10 year ban (this used to be 3 years) so this may well apply to you but I don't know the particulars of your case so check before spending anymore money on Australian visas.

#5 ·
The 10 year ban has just been overturned, so it’s back to 3.

Regardless of what your “ migration agent “ may have done with or without your knowledge, ultimately you are responsible for the application and will suffer the consequences.

Fake documents from the sub-continent come a dime a dozen and DIBP is onto it.

The best idea is to only use Australian based registered migration agents.

#8 ·
#11 ·
Hey my name is mandeep . i had apply for australia through Satluj immigration . Sultan Virk was the agent . I have done Msc ( Physics) and M.ed (Education) with two years for experince . Applied through this agent . He told me that ur experince is not enough so he will do something and apply for me . He made fake degrees and applied as a accountant without telling me . Everything was done when he applied for visa . I got a refusal the reason was my degrees were not valid . please help me with this if anybody can . what should i do and what to do . He made me fool and my whole future is in vain . spent alot of money .
I'm sorry to say this but you are a liar 🤥. You knew what your agent was doing , in fact you read and signed the paper . Well you just ripped what you sow.

I understand why the system is fucked up for genuine people .

#12 · (Edited)
I seldom pipe up on posts of this nature... but I can’t help but add my comments this time...
THIS is exactly why the 90 some odd percent of the rest of us are tortured waiting for harsh Cost, scrutiny, assessment and interrogation in anticipation of making a move to continue our lives in another place, in this case Australia.
You came here for what exactly?
Support? Validation?
Do the right thing.
Contact the proper channel and straighten it out.
If you get banned, then the onus is on you for not being prepared - go after the agent by all means if they are legit guilty of a crime without your knowledge.
But according to your own words - you knew your degrees were not qualified.
What did you think was going to happen?
Sorry. This infuriates me.
Families are often separated for ridiculous periods of time because of ignorance like this. And I am more upset for others who have posted their hardships than my own by the way!
I have zero tolerance.
You have come to the wrong place for sympathy.
I am not replying to any comment coming my way on my personal stance but the creator of this post needs to ‘hear’ me.

#13 ·
He told me that ur experince is not enough so he will do something and apply for me.
At this point, when he said you don't have enough, but he will do something for you, what did you think he was going to do? No matter what you thought he was going to do, it all points to fraud. You claiming you didn't know is just bullshit. In fact, you're so full of shit, I'd be surprised if you didn't have to clean your ears too after you took a dump.

He made fake degrees and applied as a accountant without telling me . Everything was done when he applied for visa . I got a refusal the reason was my degrees were not valid . please help me with this if anybody can . what should i do and what to do . He made me fool and my whole future is in vain . spent alot of money .
You spent a lot of money and time and knowingly tried to defraud the DIBP. Whatever you have coming to you, you deserve, to be honest. After he "fixed" things for you, did you not look over the application before he submitted it on your behalf?

I seldom pipe up on posts of this nature... but I can't help but add my comments this time...
THIS is exactly why the 90 some odd percent of the rest of us are tortured waiting for harsh Cost, scrutiny, assessment and interrogation in anticipation of making a move to continue our lives in another place, in this case Australia.
You came here for what exactly?
Support? Validation?
Do the right thing.
Contact the proper channel and straighten it out.
If you get banned, then the onus is on you for not being prepared - go after the agent by all means if they are legit guilty of a crime without your knowledge.
But according to your own words - you knew your degrees were not qualified.
What did you think was going to happen?
Sorry. This infuriates me.
Families are often separated for ridiculous periods of time because of ignorance like this. And I am more upset for others who have posted their hardships than my own by the way!
I have zero tolerance.
You have come to the wrong place for sympathy.
I am not replying to any comment coming my way on my personal stance but the creator of this post needs to 'hear' me.
This. ^^ 1000x over.

#15 ·
We should bear in mind that this is an open forum.

I completely understand the frustration; I too am playing the waiting game due to ever increasing processing times but surely there are better ways to express our views and opinions without having to resort to profanities.

#16 ·
Yeah, I know. I think for the most part this is a place where disagreements happen, but it doesn't get out of control. My language and post came out of frustration. I'll leave it up as a reminder to myself to think before being so...honest.

Myself, I'm just frustrated that someone would try and circumvent the process in order to acquire a visa fraudulently when so many of us have put so, so much time into.

I know I have a genuine relationship, but it worries me to know that all the evidence I have, it may still take ages for it to go through.

#17 · (Edited)
Keep in mind too that many of these people are being swindled out of thousands, sometimes tens of thousands, of dollars by unscrupulous scammers, who smooth-talk people into believing that they can "buy" a visa this way. In some of the countries of origin, bribery and the buying of degrees is rife and common practice.

I once came across a seemingly respectable migration agency in Manila, with links to an Australia based RMA, where local staff were producing fake employer statements for tourist visa applications.People put their trust in those agencies unfortunately and the next thing you know the Australian media are running headlines about "migration agents" scamming the system.

In my eyes, unless they are properly registered in Australia and abiding by the law, they are not "migration agents", but just crooks and imposters and people should not get involved with them.If the OP had talked to a reputable Australian registered migration agent, none of this would have happened.

#30 · (Edited)
Keep in mind too that many of these people are being swindled out of thousands, sometimes tens of thousands, of dollars by unscrupulous scammers, who smooth-talk people into believing that they can "buy" a visa this way. In some of the countries of origin, bribery and the buying of degrees is rife and common practice.
Think of the hundreds of thousands of Latinos that risk all to sneak into America yearly. Australia has very 'different' problems being isolated with no bordering countries. Just fathom what North America goes through. We refer to RMA's as immigration lawyers here, and there are many unscrupulous ones that prey on the desperate...

#19 ·
one thing we can probably agree on is that this shows that the system is working and catching out some of the fraud that might be happening

It's very easy for those of us brought up in various 1st world countries to get on a high horse and cry cheat and fraud and serves you right. We forget that this is not looked at it in the same way in many countries, it's just how you have to do 'business' in a corrupt system.
Like our multinationals paying bribes and kickbacks when doing business overseas, it's a thing.

It's not to say it's not wrong, just that's their normal, and they then have to learn the hard way that it doesn't work like that here.

I have seen this on many levels, including with OS students who can't get the concept of plagiarism, to some of them it's considered a compliment to copy from someone else.

#20 ·
Suppose they’ll have to adapt that mindset.
This has everything to do with personal accountability. Period.
As if you would allow any person to submit a document without first reviewing it?!
Oh, and if you go into your immi Acct - you can review your application.
The second an inconsistency is made - notify the proper authorities.
Help?
Well, perhaps this person will find a creative solution to this dilemma to add to this rapidly growing snowball.
(You proverbially as applicant - not individual I am quoting, cheers)
No high horse here either by the way.
Just trying to get a legal application in and just as subject to scrutiny - I live in fear that they will deny my 309 even though my kids and spouse are Aussie citizens. Tyvm.

#21 ·
i wasn't condoning it, just saying it is understandable.

you or I might not allow something to be submitted without reviewing it first, but some cultures it can be a huge sign of disrespect to question someone in a higher position of power than you, in their world they have to trust that person
some people might not have access to reliable internet, or just via a phone, plus have a poor understanding of the language used.

thanks heavens we are not that kind of society

#22 ·
All valid points and that's exactly why those shonky operators get away with it. What is worse is that the DIBP gives those crooks an air of legitimacy by continuing to accept applications from them. The DIBP should restrict themselves to only accepting applications from individual applicants or legitimate Australian registered migration agents.

Reactions: markw
#25 ·
Did you find out about the agent before you engaged them?

They don't look great when they say "Mr. Sultan Singh Virk (Immigration Consultant), registered with OMARA and who is also a member of MIA, advises you under his vast experience for all the procedural way to migrate to Australia." and when they say "vast experience" but they only have a license since 2014 (despite practising since 2004 according to his LinkedIn).

Check out their events page on their website, does that look genuine?

On the positive, on the search they come up to show that their office is their home, and it looks very lovely, so at least you know where your money went...

As with the others, I am dubious you knew nothing of the fraud, but you should be reporting the case to MARA to help others avoid the same troubles. Did you do that?

#26 · (Edited)
The agent is actually registered and has an office in Victoria. The allegations made by the OP are very serious and could well lead to sanctions if they are found to be true. I urge the OP to take the matter to the OMARA and lodge a complaint, if he has a legitimate grievance. As far as I'm concerned, people are innocent until proven guilty, but if the allegations are true than this person should be de-registered.

There is of course also the possibility that someone is fraudulently using the agent's details or that the agent is working with overseas associates.

Reactions: Chris Peck
#27 ·
I agree Nick, perhaps the allegations aren't true, but if true they are very serious and we want people like that sanctioned or de-registered, no matter how complicit the OP was in the process.

I think they may be as bad as each other, so nothing will be reported, but here's hoping. :)

#29 ·
Because the agent is registered and therefore bound by the MARA Code of Conduct, there is a pathway the OP can follow if he feels he has a genuine grievance.

But it would not be the first time that a disgruntled client makes all sort of allegations, because things did not go their way.

We have to be very careful to jump to any sort of conclusions, because we don't really know the details of the matter, other than the OP's say-so.

Reactions: Chris Peck
#28 · (Edited)
This thread has garnered a lot of emotion, and the true colours of many have come out. Having said that, even though I am applying for an Australian visa from North America, I abide by the rules and respect that there is a waiting period to process my details. I am appalled at some of the applicants on this forum that think they are owed something, and that the system is not fair. My word to you, as I feel about the many immigrants that come to my country, is wait your turn and don't think the system owes you anything. It is an honor and a privilege to be accepted to another country, and once there, you better do your part and contribute to the greater whole.

Edit: For those jumping on the OP, we don't know the details of their story. Where I come from, one is innocent until proven guilty, and I believe Australia adheres by similar rules. You're all tough guys/gals behind the keyboard, but give the guy a break. The immigration system is very complicated for many, especially for those whose native language is other than English. It is plausible that the OP was unaware of some if not all that was being done in his/her behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.