Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

485 subsequent entrant processing time

406K views 2K replies 149 participants last post by  Faitylee 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have applied on my partner's 485 visa as subsequent entrant from offshore through a lawyer on the 02/09/2016 and yet to receive an acknowledge letter.

My application was decision ready (lawyer advised that medical will have to be done upon DIBP request)

Please advise current processing time for 485 subsequent entrant visa. Her 485 will finish on 29th December, 2016 and we do not have much time.

Thanks in advance.

#668 ·
Hi All! Just to give some tips.

We asked for an agent's assistance for my SE visa application. My application timeline:
Application: November 20, 2018
Acknowledgment: November 23, 2018
February 15, 2019: Request for Police clearance from National Investigation in our country; and other evidence of relationship.

In following this thread, I learned that there is this thing called decision-ready application and read about it online. I then realized that there are documents that we didn't submit, and it was not required by our agent. I don't want to think that it was a lapse from our agent but they should know better. So in helping others, who may apply on their own, here is my take (based on my experience and reading other tips here) on how we could save time and lessen the processing time.

1. Learn how to apply for the visa first. Then, weigh the pros and cons of applying on your own or though a visa agent. Usually, we think that it is easier and faster if we seek assistance from visa agents. And they know better than we do. But based on my experience, it is by reading online that I learned what should and shouldn't do in applying visa. It is also good to ask questions to an agent before deciding.

2. Make a timeline in completing the requirements needed, and complete it in a shortest period of time - so you could apply as early as possible.

3. With regards to the requirements, if you think there are things or documents that could be submitted, that could be of help to grant your visa, attach it. For this part, agents have a checklist of requirements for a decision-ready application. Based on what I read online, there is a qualification. If an agent didn't arrange the documents properly, thrice, they will lose the "access" to this checklist. I don't know how true is this, but then again, we all know agents know better. So they should know about this checklist.

4. If you were asked to provide additional documents, again, provide everything in the shortest period of time. We were given a month to fulfill the request but you don't have to wait until the last minute. It is best to act right away to lessen the waiting time.

I think this is all. I will add more if I learn something new. I haven't received my visa yet, kinda sad but I am looking forward to it. Patience. Good luck to us all.

#674 ·
Hi guys, I'm uploading a list of documents that you can include in your SE485 application. It's beyond the requirements and you may not need to attach all of them. However, I thought it might be helpful for those who are applying on their own.

List in Google Drive

1)***** PASSPORTS, VISA, EXPRESSION OF INTEREST

AJ15. Passport Photo
AJ16. Passport
AJ21 Student Visa Grant
J7.IMMI Grant Notification 485 Visa
J10.Passport -
J19. E0012033815 -EOI & Points. I had 189 EOI

PASSPORT, ID/BIRTH CERT, POLICE REPORT
1. Visa Officer Cover letter 485
Visa Fees payment Receipt 20 Oct 2018
3. 1409 for the applicant

6. Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) document checklist
7. Signed Australian values statemen
T1.Birth Certificate
police check

T20 Natinal Identity card
AU police check

Passport Photo

3. MEDICAL TEST & OSHC
AJ4. Bupa Health Insurance
AJ29.Gmail - Bupa Medical Visa Services appointment follow up
Couple Bupa Insurance Visa Letter Request
Medical Examination

4. PARTNER'S FORMS 80 &1221
Signed T25. Revised Form 80
Signed T27. Revised Form 1221

4B. PARTNER DOC'S MARRIAGE, BANK, H/HOLD FUNDS,
J1.1.Beneficiaries
J1.Beneficiary Nomination Form -
J6.Garmin Watch receipt - It was giftted to
J8.Iphone 8 Receipt - It was giftted to
J17.Personal statement -
J20.Gmail - You have received an invitation to apply for a visa in SkillSelect
J21 Bank Transaction Summary
J23. Evidence of gift rings' receipt
J24. Javadi Foreign Exchange Receipt to Support

T11.Marriage License
T29. Financial Stastus Certificate of Joint bank account
T30. Joint Bank Account Statement
Resume
Personal Statement

5.A. PHOTOS, VIDEOS & IMAGES OF RELATIONSHIP
1. 2013
2.Feb 2018
3. Sep 18 Before Marriage
4. Sep 2018 Engagement
5 Sep 2018 Wedding
6. After Marriage
7. Sep 2018 Trips
8. Sep 2018 - Thailand
Engagement
Engagement Rings
Engagement signing the paperwork
Family members giving us gifts during the engagement
Full-moon Party Thailand
signing the documents
Thailand - a national Park

5.B. Social Media Messages Between Partners 2015-2018
SM1. Facebook -
SM2. WhatsApp Chat �
SM3. old number - 2016 - WhatsApp Chat with
SM4. Instagram photos

6. DECLARATION BY WITNESSES OF RELATIONSHIP Form 888
Optional

Property, & Other Doc's
T2. Coach ID card
T3.Coaching Certificate 2
T4.Coaching Certificate
T5.Coaching Course
T6.Diploma certificate and grades
T8.Extramural Toutnaments
T9.House Certificate of Ownership
T14.Personal Training private course 1
T15.Personal Training private course 2
T16.Personal Training private course 3
T17.Personal Training private course 4
T18.Personal Training private course 5
T19.Pre university document course
T21. Transcript record of short term coaching course
T22. Vehicle Certificate of Ownership
T23. Driving License
T31. Bachelor Degree grades

EDUCATION, IRANIAN,POLICE, EMPLOYMENT & OTHER main 485 applicant
AJ1.170925 MSA Accord Outcome Letter for 5450414 Engineers Australia - Skill Assessment
AJ2. Academic Transcript

Aj5.Compulsory Military Service Exemption Card
Aj6. Credentialed Community Language Test Persian 9995-10523-1 Letter
Recommendation Letter
Aj9. First class honours certificate
Aj10. Gmail - Hays Assignment Confirmation
Aj11. Driver's License
Aj12. National Identity Card

AJ14. Notification Of Completion -Victoria University
Aj17. PTE results
Aj18 . Resume

Aj20 Sister's Au Passport

Aj23 Census Contract (1)
Aj24.Irans Police check with MJ stamp
AJ25 . Vision Super Benefit Details
AJ26. Au water association membership
AJ27. University Degree
AJ28. eWater MUSIC Course
J2&3 - Residential Tenancies Agreement
J4.Employment Letter - Hays -
J9.Iran's Police check -
J11. Birth Certificate
J12.Pay slips up to 5th Oct -
J13.Payment Summary Hays -
J14.Residential Tenancies Agreement -
J15.Tax Return Tax Estimate and notice of assessment -
J16.working with children and AU driving license
J18. Au Police check
J25. Certificate of Membership-Australian Steel-Concrete Composite Structure

#675 · (Edited)
The application was lodged on 25th Oct included all documents listed above.

Acknowledgement 26th Oct

Direct grant 8th January

You don't necessarily need to engage an agent to lodge your application as often they don't pay enough attention. Don't forget, it is THE application to you but it means AN application to them (one of many).

You shall post/mail the documents to

SA Temporary Graduate Processing Centre
Department of Home Affairs
GPO Box 2399
ADELAIDE SA 5001

I think there is 3-4 months turn around time at the moment.

Wish all the best for you.

Cheers

#679 ·
Hi,
I am ready to lodge my wife's subsequent entrant (subclass 485) application. Before lodging want to cross check that i am not missing on any information.

My Documents from Australia which I have included in application are:-
1. Passport Copy
2. Visa Grant Letter
3. National Police Certificate - AFP
4. Notice of Assessment
5. Bank Balance Certificate
6. Form 888 from 2 persons
7. BUPA Couple Insurance Cover
8. Australian Driving Licence Copy
9. Passport Size Photograph

Documents of my wife from India which I have included in application are:-
1. Passport Copy
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Birth Certificate
4. Aadhar Copy (National ID)
5. Joint Bank Account
6. Experience Letter
7. Wedding Invitation Card
8. Academic Documents
9. Letter explaining History of relationship
10. Declarations from our Parents regarding Marriage
11. Photographs of our Marriage and other events and places we have visited
12. Passport size Photograph
13. Police Clearance Certificate

Following are the forms which I have filled:-
1. Form 1409
2. Form 80
3. Form 1221

also copy of Pre payment receipt of Visa Fee is included.

Kindly suggest, is there any thing else also which I should include in my application.

Is the following address correct where I have send the application:-
GPO Box 2399
ADELAIDE SA 5001

thanks

#680 ·
Hi,
I am ready to lodge my wife's subsequent entrant (subclass 485) application. Before lodging want to cross check that i am not missing on any information.

My Documents from Australia which I have included in application are:-
1. Passport Copy
2. Visa Grant Letter
3. National Police Certificate - AFP
4. Notice of Assessment
5. Bank Balance Certificate
6. Form 888 from 2 persons
7. BUPA Couple Insurance Cover
8. Australian Driving Licence Copy
9. Passport Size Photograph

Documents of my wife from India which I have included in application are:-
1. Passport Copy
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Birth Certificate
4. Aadhar Copy (National ID)
5. Joint Bank Account
6. Experience Letter
7. Wedding Invitation Card
8. Academic Documents
9. Letter explaining History of relationship
10. Declarations from our Parents regarding Marriage
11. Photographs of our Marriage and other events and places we have visited
12. Passport size Photograph
13. Police Clearance Certificate

Following are the forms which I have filled:-
1. Form 1409
2. Form 80
3. Form 1221

also copy of Pre payment receipt of Visa Fee is included.

Kindly suggest, is there any thing else also which I should include in my application.

Is the following address correct where I have send the application:-
GPO Box 2399
ADELAIDE SA 5001

thanks
you should finish medicals before applying for visa so it will save your time afterwards

#685 ·
Hie everyone,

I filed my student subsequent subclass 500 on 10th july and medical was completed on 30th aug.

Now my husband's visa is expiring on 15th march, so he is going to file 485.

After waiting for 8 months there is no news from the embassy so having no other option i will have to withdraw my student subsequent and re-apply after my husband gets his visa.

So in this case will my processing time get reduced as i am already waiting from 8 months???

#686 ·
Hie everyone,

I filed my student subsequent subclass 500 on 10th july and medical was completed on 30th aug.

Now my husband's visa is expiring on 15th march, so he is going to file 485.

After waiting for 8 months there is no news from the embassy so having no other option i will have to withdraw my student subsequent and re-apply after my husband gets his visa.

So in this case will my processing time get reduced as i am already waiting from 8 months???
I dont think the time can reduce. Maybe you can apply for a visitor visa then apply with your husband onshore?

#687 ·
Hey Bmpatel,

Sorry to hear that, it is becoming more complicated now!

There is no turnaround time exemption/dispensation for applicants who have more than one visa application in the DHA system. However, the case officer may spend less time on the application assessment which might reduce the turnaround time by a couple of weeks only.

Please also bear in mind in relation to 485 visa If the family members are onshore, the main applicant can include family members in the visa application at the time of lodgement. However, if the family members are offshore, they can apply for this visa as subsequent entrants upon the grant of the visa of the main applicant.

This means drop SE500, your husband should lodge 485 and then you can lodge SE485 once your husband's 485 visa has been granted. This process will take perhaps 3+3 months.

You can travel to Australia on a visitor visa if you are from a low-risk country or have good travel history (e.g visited Europe, USA before) to get around it.

Wish you all the best and hope this helps.

Dan

#688 ·
Hey Bmpatel,

Sorry to hear that, it is becoming more complicated now!

There is no turnaround time exemption/dispensation for applicants who have more than one visa application in the DHA system. However, the case officer may spend less time on the application assessment which might reduce the turnaround time by a couple of weeks only.

Please also bear in mind in relation to 485 visa If the family members are onshore, the main applicant can include family members in the visa application at the time of lodgement. However, if the family members are offshore, they can apply for this visa as subsequent entrants upon the grant of the visa of the main applicant.

This means drop SE500, your husband should lodge 485 and then you can lodge SE485 once your husband's 485 visa has been granted. This process will take perhaps 3+3 months.

You can travel to Australia on a visitor visa if you are from a low-risk country or have good travel history (e.g visited Europe, USA before) to get around it.

Wish you all the best and hope this helps.

Dan
Thanks Dan, Yes i can apply only after my husband gets the grant. It's really frustrated that i have already waited for 8 months and now again for 6 more months. High comm is taking too long for SE500

#690 ·
hey, it depends on number of documents u have provided. in further documents i had dubmitted only my medical and it took about one month for them to grant thr visa. so if u have submitted other documents too then it might take longer than one month.
but u never know exactly. so just hope for the best.

#700 ·
I applied for my 485 as main applicant in Dec 2018 and got it approved within 52 days. Application was decision ready, I attached only most necessary documentation that was required and didn't try to add as many documents as I can. I noticed some people are attaching massive amount of docs - everything that they can think of. Imo this only shows that you don't understand what's required from you.
However, I would do medicals and include HAP ID together with application and wouldn't wait until I'm asked to do so. Same with proving your relationship - if fairly you're recently married then I think it's a good idea to add evidence of your relationship.

I applied for my husband as SE on Feb 1st and included myself in .xls file. Best of luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.