Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Living in Sydney ?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 05:10 AM

Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsv View Post
Good morning, everyone,

I am currently in an advertising company in China for over 6 years now and I recently had a very interesting job offer.

However the company is based in Australia, more precisely in Sydney. I've never been there and I don't know much about this town. I come to you for information about the cost of living, if it is complicated to settle there, the different neighborhoods. I would also like to know if there are a large number of expatriates, how foreigners are welcomed.

You can also tell me if you think it is a good idea to move here for work and if people have experienced the same thing.

I thank you for your help and do not hesitate to provide me with as much information as possible...

Have a nice day
Hi Mattsv,

Simple curiosity: where are you from?

Because what I mean is that if you managed to integrate in China, you will have no problem in Australia .

I think you are aware of the good reputation of Australian cities as regards standard of living. I think you should expect quite a higher cost of living, as you can guess. But overall life there is pretty amazing.

There are a lot of expatriates. Personally, I'm French-Italian and there is a strong community of both French and Italian people.

As regards the cost of living, I'm not sure I can understand... It depends on how much money you make, how you spend it, how often you like to go out, etc.

Do you already have a clear idea of when you will be there?

I'm not sure when I'll be in Sydney, as I'm currently in Bangkok for a while. But we could even grab a beer together when you get there if you want

Let me know

Feel free to ask for further information. I will, I mean WE will try to help you as much as we can