Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - 820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 09:39 AM

Users Flag! From australia

7 likes received
7 likes given
Still waiting

Hello everyone, applied for my wife's 820/801 Combined application based on marriage in May 2016{i am Aus citizen already since 2013} so it has been 26 months now and we haven't heard from immigration as of yet. We did lodge an inquiry few months ago to which we received the generic Please-wait-for-the-global-processing-times email. We already did her medicals at the start when we applied but didn't do AFP. We haven even traveled since applying the visa just in case the file progresses and we are not here to provide updated documents in time.Please can someone provide guidance and shed some light as to what would be the next step to take? I called yesterday and was speaking with lovely lady who advised Patience is a virtue so keep waiting which is fine but question is how long should i keep waiting before i take action.The silver lining is atleast my wife and i together in this beautiful Melbourne while we wait. I feel someone should create a new page for those waiting over 24 months. I joined this today so might figure out in a day or two. Please send positive vibes i could really use them at the moment.