Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - 820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room!
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 10:35 PM

Users Flag! From usa

1464 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by le parner visa View Post
Hello,
I've been granted bridging visa A, which will start at the end of my visitor visa on the 18th of Aug.
However I need to leave the country on the 15th of Aug, Do i still need to apply for BVB even I leave during my visitor visa?

Can I apply for BVB right now evn I haven't finish uploading all my documents, and haven't done my required medical examination?
Thanks all

P.s. My current visa is visitor visa eta multiple entry, 3 month stay. I entered the country on 18 of May with it.
The BVA will only go into effect on 18 Aug if you remain onshore. If you leave before the current stay period ends, then you'll need to reenter Australia and wait out another 3 month stay period without leaving. Obly after the stay period runs out and you're still onshore (meaning you didn't leave Australia anytime in those 3 months) will the BVA go into effect.

You may want to check your tourist visa conditions to make sure you'll be able to reenter on it.