Australia Forum banner

Spouse visa from Sri Lanka

479K views 2K replies 170 participants last post by  emmanuel.fernando.la 
#1 ·
Hi all

I'm trying to find someone who applied for spouse visa 309 from Sri Lanka so I can get an idea of the timeline for the process.

#2 ·
Hi,

I applied on feb 27th 2012, case officer wrote to me on 22nd may asking for medicals and further docs, I submitted them all on 11th July( delay was due to being overseas and I did the medicals in Aus which delayed the results). Today I received an email that a decision has been made. It doesn't say visa is granted. But they have asked for my passport. So I am hoping it's positive. It's taken six months now.

#5 ·
So you traveled to AUS while your visa in progress ? which Visa you used to travel ?

My partner is going to apply 309 from Sri Lanka.een in SL nearly 5 months cuz of wedding and im going back to AUS soon and hopefully she will be able to lodge it soon.

lots of documents...

#19 ·
You should ve request for a interview cause then you can talk to them and talk about your situation. and its really depends on how good your case file is. they dont even care if you married if you dont have certain documents. was yiu file big? did you gave lots of pictures and reference from people who knoe about your marriage?

#21 ·
thats sounds a good file. just keep your hopes. you can call Australian embassy and give your file number and ask what level is your file is now as you were waiting 6 months. just show you are alert of everything and did your husband came SL lately or planing to come? if he have plans you can request them telling my husband is coming to SL and you like to go with him when he is going back. or tell you like to request a interview. its good cause you can talk to them in person and br so real than just files. I asked a interviews within 2 weeks I got my visa granted.

#24 ·
dear if you haven't had much travel experience its little bit hard as this is a traveling document they like to see if you have travel overseas and return before visa expired and kept the immigration law. Please ask for a interview thats the best thing. if they accept it your husband will have to attend a telephone interview as well. and you both will have to keep remember of most important dates and etc
example
the day you 1st met him
day of marriage
1st gift he gave
his favorite colors or food.
so many stupid questions but if you 2 answers 2 different things you ll be in risk too
but if your relationship is genuine nothing to be worry.

#31 ·
Hi Malshani,

I applied for the spouse visa on 21st Nov 2013 from Sri Lanka and still waiting for an outcome. What is the status of your application? Did you give a try with an interview?

Thank you!
dear chathu

i applied on december.my case officer was assigned on feb.after that no contact.did u lodge the application from vfs sri lanka? when was ur Case officer assigned? i sent a mail asking my status but no reply

#32 ·
Hi Malshani,

Yeah, I too applied through VFS Sri Lanka and as I know it is the only method to apply. My case officer was assigned on January. Do you know any other guys who applied for spouse visa's around that time?

I thought of going on visit visa if this is getting too late.....

Cheers..

#35 ·
Hi Malshani,

Yeah, I too applied through VFS Sri Lanka and as I know it is the only method to apply. My case officer was assigned on January. Do you know any other guys who applied for spouse visa's around that time?

I thought of going on visit visa if this is getting too late.....

Cheers..
Hi Chathu

Did u get ur 309 visa?

Please update us

Thanks and regards

malshani

#39 ·
Hi Nishu - just letting you know that only COs' initials can be posted here. I edited your post accordingly. Thanks. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.