Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for better life :)

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  peter tinsley 
#1 ·
Hi all :)

my name is peter i live in england/leicestershire im 27 year old and work at dairy in my village. (long clawson dairy)
My dream is to one day live and work in australia im very bored with life at dairy were i work there for all most 11 years.

What would be 1st step i need to do if i wanted to work in AU and is there any usefull courses i can take in uk that help me in AU get job.
im not smartist guy around but im hard worker ;) any help be grate.

#3 ·
Hi Peter,
One thing you may want to consider is the Working Holiday Visa - http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/
You'll see from there that if you head downunder by no later than when you're still 29, you could do three months regional work and become eligible for a second WHV which will give you two years initially.
If by working at the dairy you mean doing farm work, it is possible that there could be some classifications for which you could get an employer sponship in the farming area.
You can check out the employer sponsorship 457 occupations list via.
Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

If you've not actually ben doing that type of work perhaps you could look at getting some experience in that area and even see about doing any applicable courses in the UK.
Look up what occupations may be applicable and then see if they're on A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information for more info about what qualifications would be considered necessary.
It's also a possibility that you could get some appropriate experience out here and maybe do a TAFE course so you meet eligibility requirements for an employer sponsorship.
A lot of Australian farmers are getting older and so always some good opportunities about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.