Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

309/100 PMV Applications through Ottawa / Canada

101K views 579 replies 87 participants last post by  LCB 
#1 ·
OK, here we go, brand new for 2016. I thought we could use a new thread to use for Canadian apps or others that get processed through Ottawa, to replace the old 2011 thread that started as a question.

Questions, answers, tips, tricks, complaints about the snow, post it all here.

#4 ·
For anyone wondering about Police Check in Canada the check we require is a Certified Police Check. I called the RCMP detachment in Calgary and the officer told me there are no longer many local Police Services that do the fingerprinting required for a Certified Police Check. Calgary Police Service does NOT do the certified police check (with Fingerprints). He referred a few private companies that do that. We paid the same amount listed on the RCMP site at one of those 3rd party companies. Takes just a few days for the check but a few weeks for the document to get mailed out.

This may not be the case in every city/town. Best to call your local detachment and ask.

#11 ·
I applied in July 22, Ottawa resident, Vietnamese passport. Health exam in July 30st, police Check in July 31st. No CO yet.

Cheers and best of luck to all,

Reactions: Achieco
#15 ·
Well just going on what I've seen others post when they get asked for additional info or medicals after that long a wait, it usually seems like it's a few days to a few weeks. I saw some people say they got the grant email the same day they submitted what was asked for.

#17 ·
We applied May 6th 2015
Medical and police clearance requested November 27th
Medical and police clearance applied for December 4th
Medical received by the department December 14th

We are still awaiting the police clearance as there was a mistake made with our return address and it took forever to change it. Have spoken to our CO and as soon as they receive it she will make her decision.
Hopefully not too much longer!

#18 ·
My wife lodged her application for a 309/100 partner visa in Canada in early January 2015. In April 2015, we received a request for more information, including medical and police checks, and provided the requested information promptly. We have heard nothing since then. Has anyone else been waiting 12+ months for a 309/100 visa? Thanks

#19 ·
Hi there,

Does anyone know what are the documents/personal information I can access thru Private Act Canada? I have a problem getting PCC in UAE, my first request didn't returned back and since I have no one to help me get one, my CO told me to just request a copy of my previous UAE PCC from CIC Canada which I submitted when I was applying to migrate here. I already requested online but wasn't sure if the document I need can be accessed, I don't want to wait for 30 days processing just to know I can't. Please help, I'm getting frustrated :(

#24 ·
I applied in July 22 and just got an email from CO yesterday requested Form 80. We submitted it right away. We are very excited to hear back after 6 months and a half of waiting. Look forward to good news soon.

#29 ·
You know, Canada tends to be similar to the US in so many aspects. I Just saw a post about a Spouse visa being granted in just over 4 months out of the US. Now why can't the Aussie Embassy in Ottawa be more like Washington when it comes to processing visas. lol

#44 ·
I guess my case might be a complicated one. We submitted in July, CO assigned in Feb 2nd. While someone applied in October and already got their visa in March, we are still waiting.

We book flight to Australia July 9 2016. Fingers crossed, hope the visa will come sometime from now till then.

Reactions: Achieco
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.