Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Visitor Visa Condition 8558 Confusion

5K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Krazzy10 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear Friends

Sorry if that has been asked here before but somehow i couldn't understand the way i need to count the days....So please help with simple formula.... Appreciate all.

Hope you all are good. Here I need a big help from experience people in regards to understanding of Visitor Visa condition of 8558.

My Mother got 3 year Visitor visa (600) with condition of 8558 means can't stay more than 12 months in 18 months total. She got her visa on 21/09/17, made
First entry on 9th Nov 17 till 05 Feb 18..
Second Visit 26 April 18 till 27 Sep 18.
Current Visit 11 Dec 18- Till Now

Are she still under Visa condition of 12M/18M? How long can she stay this time?(Exact Date if Possible)

I am planning to call her back on September this year so will it be okay? If yes, then how long can she stay with us then?

Very Very Confused & can't think more.

Please help to calculate her stay in better way?

Thanks

Krazzy

See less See more
#4 ·
My quick maths agrees that early April is fine. I’d be interested to see the logic around 11 Feb as well.

Don’t cut it so fine that “exact dates” become an issue - build in some contingency for unforeseen events.

#5 ·
My quick maths agrees that early April is fine. I'd be interested to see the logic around 11 Feb as well.

Don't cut it so fine that "exact dates" become an issue - build in some contingency for unforeseen events.
Hi Paulhand

Appreciate your revert. I was thinking she stay with us till 9th April & wanted to book her return on 4th April. Id that okay? Will that be under 12M/18M condition? Bcz looks to me her first round of 18M finish on 8th May as she first entered 9Th sep 17.. May i pls ask when she can come back again to be on safer side?
Thank you

#6 · (Edited)
Arrival on 11 DEC so only going back 18 months from then.

My understanding is they are "months" not 28,29 (on a leap year),30 or 31 days. So any part of any month is a month. So in short a visit to Australia for one day in April and then leaving in May the following day, can be counted as two months in that 18 month period.

And it was a brief look and as Paul (a registered Migration Agent) has made comment he might be able to confirm or deny that is how they calculate months.

* but the months between the 18 months (part months) are counted as full months - but the day of 18 months ago and "today" are not. So is someone left in the 18 month ago on the 9th it would not count as a month - but if they left on the 12 it would count.

All discussion on this forum is play it very safe.

Paul happy to be corrected as you have much better info than me, but I think months are things such as Jan and Feb - but memory is fuzzy if that was a thing I saw or was read/told by a non official source.

P.S I hope your continual good posting is rewarded by this forum

#7 ·
Hi ampk
Appreciate your reply. So does it mean even 5 days of feb will be considered as whole month?
It simply mean, if she arrives first in Nov 2017 & went back in feb irrespective of dates, i count those now as 4 months?
Second visist end of April 2018 till Sep end 2018 so full 6 months? And now Dec 2018 so she only can stay 2 months. Right? Clear my doubt here?
Thanks Again

#15 ·
Recently I also applied for the longer stay 600 VISA for my parents. The condition is indeed very confused and hard to calculate, so I developed a small calculator for calculating and planning my parents trip in Australia, here is the address of the calculator, PM me if you need it as it does not allow me to post the calculator address here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.