Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PMV - Lodge 2019 - Waiting Room/ Questions/Help

32K views 179 replies 50 participants last post by  Hope28 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,

I want to start this thread for PMV lodge in 2019 and waiting time too.

Background:

Applicant, Singapore based but originally from Philippines. Met partner (Australian) thru work 2 and half years of relationship, registered relationship and opened bank account both in 2017. Met in person 4 times with approx 1 month duration on each holidays. Engaged Dec 2018.

TIMELINE - No Agent used to apply

January 4, 2019: Lodge application online

January 8, 2019: CO contacted me thru email asking to do health and police check and supply statement for wedding plans and sponsorship obligation statement.

January 11, 2019: Bio metrics done

January 14, 2019: Singapore police check and other document upload completed

January 15, 2019: Health check done

January 16, 2019: click confirm button on IMMI of sponsor but then confirm button on my IMMI as applicant went disable too.
Emailed CO to inform i have submitted all that she requested.

Now Waiting time Begins...Be Positive and Patient :)

See less See more
#11 ·
We applied 26th (I think) of November 2018 through an agent.

Partner lives in Sudan, I am here in Aus.

PMV completely frontloaded.

Request 3 weeks ago for interview this Saturday the 23rd.

Partner will meet CO for interview in a hotel in Sudan.
-wow congrats hopefully you'll get grant soon they can really invite for face to face interview.

#12 ·
Hello everyone,

I've just joined the forum. My fiance and I have also applied for the PMV this year. We submitted the application on January 18th. Still having heard from a CO but I went ahead and got my medical done on the 28th of February. Applied through Ottawa from Barbados (me) and my fiance has already submitted his sponsorship application as well in January after I submitted mine.

#18 ·
Hi, successfull interview we believe. Senior Immigration Officer asked about partners current finances/ employment, previous travel & how/ when we met. Officer asked about my finances/ employment & education & where I live (Aus).

Next day request was sent from Cairo to our immigration lawyer for a new medical as previous one expired, new police clearance for my fiance from Malaysia as previous one expired and a police clearance from Qatar.

Note, my fiance lived in Qatar more than 10 years ago, and techincally as far as i am aware you only need to provide police clearances from within the past ten years however because he was born and raised there (on Sudanese passport) he is required to submit a Qatari clearance. This is something to consider if you or your partners have lived long term o/s prior to 2009.

#20 ·
Hi, successfull interview we believe. Senior Immigration Officer asked about partners current finances/ employment, previous travel & how/ when we met. Officer asked about my finances/ employment & education & where I live (Aus).

Next day request was sent from Cairo to our immigration lawyer for a new medical as previous one expired, new police clearance for my fiance from Malaysia as previous one expired and a police clearance from Qatar.

Note, my fiance lived in Qatar more than 10 years ago, and techincally as far as i am aware you only need to provide police clearances from within the past ten years however because he was born and raised there (on Sudanese passport) he is required to submit a Qatari clearance. This is something to consider if you or your partners have lived long term o/s prior to 2009.
Hello CelinaBelle, happy for you guys. Guess you two will be hearing some good news soon.

#21 ·
It will for some people, but only 15% of grants are in that group.

75% of last months grants were processed in under 15 months, compared to 12 months in the previous month.

And 10% took over 21 months compared to 17 months.

This indicates that the incomplete or complicated applications might be taking longer, and maybe the straightforward and complete applications are given priority.

In one visa group, where the processing time was shown as: 18-23 months. Half of all applications were processed in under 11 months. These were included in the statistics of 75% under 18 months.

#30 ·
Hi Folks,

today I got my golden ticket ! I am over to the moon with happiness i just want to say thank you to those people who helped me with all my questions during the process when im lodging in.

escpecially: Konji, Skyblue, Jadene, Wrussel...thank you very much there is 820 to come ahead.

TIMELINE - No Agent used to apply

January 4, 2019: Lodge application online

January 8, 2019: CO contacted me thru email asking to do health and police check and supply statement for wedding plans and sponsorship obligation statement.

January 11, 2019: Bio metrics done

January 14, 2019: Singapore police check and other document upload completed

January 15, 2019: Health check done

January 16, 2019: click confirm button on IMMI of sponsor but then confirm button on my IMMI as applicant went disable too.
Emailed CO to inform i have submitted all that she requested.

Date Granted: March 20, 2019 !!!!

#32 ·
Hello everyone,

I’m happy I found this forum and reading everyone’s experiences and issues on their visas and thinking I’m not alone in this journey.

I’m from Philippines. I lodged my application last January 2, 2019.
Done with my medical: January 10, 2019
Police check and biometrics done & uploaded: January 22, 2019
I already uploaded heaps of requirements in the immiaccount without a notice of a case officer. And until now March 20, no case officer contacted us yet, is this normal?

And another is that my fiance’s passport will be expiring on September but he already renew his passport and just received it today, so we can update his new passport details on my account and his, but the thing is that I cannot find where to upload or update his new passport details in my immiaccount and his account or do we both need to update it on our accounts?

I will really appreciates all your incoming replies, thank you so much in advance. :)

God bless everyone..

#33 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm happy I found this forum and reading everyone's experiences and issues on their visas and thinking I'm not alone in this journey.

I'm from Philippines. I lodged my application last January 2, 2019.
Done with my medical: January 10, 2019
Police check and biometrics done & uploaded: January 22, 2019
I already uploaded heaps of requirements in the immiaccount without a notice of a case officer. And until now March 20, no case officer contacted us yet, is this normal?

And another is that my fiance's passport will be expiring on September but he already renew his passport and just received it today, so we can update his new passport details on my account and his, but the thing is that I cannot find where to upload or update his new passport details in my immiaccount and his account or do we both need to update it on our accounts?

I will really appreciates all your incoming replies, thank you so much in advance.

God bless everyone..
Hello,

I haven't heard from a case officer yet either and I also applied in January.

I've been told when you upload everything upfront you usually don't hear anything until the visa is granted.

I think there should be an update details link in your immi account.

#37 ·
We didn't wait. We did Police and Medical about 2 months after application.

#53 ·
Quitting your job seems like a very poor decision. Just my opinion but you want to portray yourself as a functioning, responsible adult who is going to contribute to the Australian society. Also, if you ever want to visit on a tourist Visa, not having a job to go back to would probably be viewed as not having enough reason to go return to your home country. Aus Home Affairs might deny your tourist visa because they feel you're too much of a risk to not leave at the end of your tourist visa. Although the visa process is a lot of work, just work on it an hour a day and keep yourself employed.

#48 ·
Hello

Submitted through agent
Applied PMV 20 February 2019
I'm from Mexico
Frontloaded except Medicals and Police check (Doing it this month though)
This week i'll do the three months update and waiting.

Do someone knows if mexican applications are checked at Ottawa,CA or directly to Australia?(Ottawa is the nearest to mexico.)

And, is any Maxican applicant waiting here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.