Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Could any MARA help checking Relationship Statement?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 04:59 AM

Please update your flag here .

10 likes received
3 likes given
If you noticed my comment I submitted later on, I agreed that maybe the content, etc of the statement would be better clarified through a registered agent and I would instead offer to check the grammar/spelling of the statement as clearly this applicant has mentioned a bit of help was needed on the statement due to the applicant's limited English which they would otherwise have had to obtained from an agency at a cost.
Also, I'm definitely not encouraging anyone to "put their application in the hands of any amateur" or myself for that matter (I'm exhausted after my visa application process and I'm still waiting for my grant to come through). But thanks for being kind enough to caution this applicant against the offer to simply check spelling/grammar on their statement.

All advice provided by all agents and others on this thread are valued and welcome.

More importantly, @lephu20 -hope you managed to sort out your issue throughout all this drama

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-May24 View Post
Not at all. People are welcome to share their own experiences, compare what they have included in their applications, point out where in migration regulations they can find information, etc. And in this way, forum members are hugely helpful to each other and we encourage this.

But for someone who is not a registered migration agent to say "send it to me and I'll look at it and edit the content for you" (which is how I along with others interpreted the post) I think steps too far into the realm of offering advice. This is when people will caution both the person making the offer and also the person receiving the offer that not only does this step over the legal line, but really it puts the applicant at some risk of putting their application into the hands of an amateur (no disrespect to the person making the offer - even after spending many years on forums, I would never claim to be anything more than an amateur).

Last edited by RG123; 06-28-2019 at 05:19 AM.