Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Could any MARA help checking Relationship Statement?
View Single Post
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2019, 07:04 AM
wrussell wrussell is online now
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 5,250
Users Flag! From australia

887 likes received
383 likes given
It is illegal in Australia for anyone other than registered migration agents to give advice on any application other than one they are directly involved in
There are exceptions to this for parliamentarians and their staff, 'education' agents. legal aid officers, and various others and it is not beyond lawyers to blur the distinction between 'immigration legal advice' and immigration advice. If you are in Australia and you want to avoid the costs and regulations associated with OMARA registration, refer clients to your overseas office where your unregistered agents can do anything they please.
Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072