Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - 820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room!
View Single Post
  #5826 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2019, 12:35 AM
Skybluebrewer Skybluebrewer is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1466 likes received
434 likes given
Originally Posted by Maggie-May24 View Post
The Immigration help line is unfortunately not a good source of information as this isn't what they're trained for.

If you lodge your onshore partner visa, you will be granted a bridging visa A which will give you unrestricted work rights (this is always the case when applying for a partner visa). If you haven't yet reached the 6-month limit with your employer, you could simply continue working once the bridging visa takes effect. If you will reach the 6-month limit before your WHV expires, you could submit a completed form 1445 ( and ask that they lift the 6-month limitation. From what I've heard, they are usually pretty agreeable to this and it's listed as one of the "exceptional situations" where it's possible for them to lift the 6-month limitation.

Good luck!

What Maggie said is correct. You can read for yourself as the information is available online for free:

Migration Regulations: 010.611 and IMMI 12/094.

Reply With Quote