Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Australian Citizenship 2018 application
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 06:31 AM

Users Flag! From kenya

1 likes received
2 likes given
Citizenship Timeline

Hello everyone,

Thought i'd share my timeline

Applied: July 2018
Interview/ Test: 10th April 2019
Passed test 100 %
Approved: 17 July 2019 ( on my birthday!)
Approval letter : TBC
Waiting for ceremony date: Inner West Council

Some background:

I applyed having been on a 189 Visa. I was eligible to apply for citizenship, but dragged my feet around until the potential changes to eligibility made this a priority!

It's also important to note ( for applicants with similar/ potentially similar backgrounds) that I happened to incur a section 10 while on my PR that was in place for 12 months.

This further pushed the timings for my application as you get an instant rejection if you apply for citizenship with such an order ( you fail the character test). I truthfully put this on my application and when it came to my interview, the interviewer was very chill about it.

Delays to my approval were NOT to do with the section 10, but the name change I had recently undergone. It was a requirement for me to show that I was using my new name ( Drivers License, Medicare + Bills), otherwise, I would have likely had a same day approval.

Now, just waiting on the ceremony invite, which I believe will take the allocated 6 months as my suburb sits in the recently amalgamated Inner West council and the area it presides over is HUGE!

PM me for questions on the above, happy to help