Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - 820 Partner Visa - changing to Bridging visa
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2019, 07:52 AM
TheBerraLad TheBerraLad is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

1 likes given
820 Partner Visa - changing to Bridging visa

Hi all,

My partner is British and is here on a tourist visa. We will be applying for the 820 Partner visa soon, but understand that the Bridging visa won't kick in until the original visa expires. My partner is on the 12 month, 3 months at a time e-visa.

1. What would happen if my partner didn't leave after a 3 month time in Australia after applying for the 820 visa? Or do they have to leave every 3 months and come back until the 12 months is up?

2. Is there a way to replace the e-visa with another visa that will expire quicker so that the Bridging visa comes into effect before the 12 months

3. I've heard stories that people get their tourist visa extended by Immigration simply to avoid putting them onto the Bridging visa. Thoughts?

We await your thoughts.

Reply With Quote