Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Australian Citizenship 2018 application

86K views 336 replies 69 participants last post by  LT2018 
#1 ·
I submitted my application online on March 2018 but haven't heard anything since there. I m in South Australia Adelaide .
I understand that the average waiting time is 17-19 months, however, just wonder how everyone(2018 applicant)'s application progressing?

Please share your timeline! :eek::eek::eek:

#40 ·
Hi Mish, and all.

ahbee, it is good hearing some news as it at least shows some progression. Congratulations.

Mish, I wondered from your earlier post, when it was in May that your husband applied for his citizenship? I applied on June 7th, 2018 and I have noticed that he and I have been following fairly similar timelines over the last few years.

#5 ·
Waiting patiently

I applied online, just myself, at the beginning of June 2018. As yet nothing - to be honest, I wasn't expecting to hear anything until the new year, with guestimate test date around March. I am in Toowoomba, QLD.

Hearing your news is good and positive!

#10 ·
Hi Gerlazh
Congratulations on passing test. fingers crossed for your ceremony.

Your test date :April 5, 2019 but you rescheduled to early date January 7, 2019

Can you please guide us how you did it?

Thanks
If you got your appointment letter, there is a link in the letter where you can reschedule your appointment. You just have to put in your client id and your family name to log in. For you to get an earlier test appointment, you have to check regularly for an early test date. Mind you, i have to reschedule 5 times until i find the january test date.

#13 ·
Submitted my Citizenship Application online, on the 6th May 2018

Heard nothing at all. Just says received on my account. Getting frustrated now. It just seems to go on and on with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I've called a few times but no one can give me any information other than it's been received.

#15 ·
My husband submitted his about a week after you and nothing yet. I hear your frustration. Looks like we are going to have to pay over $300 to renew my husbands passport :( - it kinda feels like a waste of money when the citizenship should be through within 12 months.

I have heard of people from March 2018 getting test invites recently, so hopefully not much longer.

#16 ·
Hi ladies and gentlement,

I am applying for my citizenship in 3 months time.

What is your opinion about the method of application, like online or by paper?
based on your experience, which one do you see as quicker than the other one.

I am in Brisbane, and I have seen online applicants who applied early 2017 still waiting, and paper applicant some already waiting for their ceremony and they lodged the same time. Also, saw someone applied in October 2017 still nothing yet.

good luck everyone

#17 ·
Hi ladies and gentlement,

I am applying for my citizenship in 3 months time.

What is your opinion about the method of application, like online or by paper?
based on your experience, which one do you see as quicker than the other one.

I am in Brisbane, and I have seen online applicants who applied early 2017 still waiting, and paper applicant some already waiting for their ceremony and they lodged the same time. Also, saw someone applied in October 2017 still nothing yet.

good luck everyone
It is all luck of the draw and also comes down to where the applicant is from (country of origin) as I have seen some from some countries taking longer than others.

I have seen 2018 applications getting granted of people who applied online. One of my husband's friends applied online March 2018 and he has his citizenship ceremony this month.

Personally I prefer online, paper I would be worried that the application gets lost at some point.

#19 ·
Hi
I have applied on the 16th of February 2018. Email about the interview and test was received on the 17th of January 2019. Date of test and interview is the 19th of February 2019 at the city of Parramatta.

Any ideas how long is the wait for the ceremony after passing the test?

#20 ·
Hi, here's my timeline
Be patient and good luck ^_^

Applied online - 31 July 2017
Test appointment email - 6 March 2018
Test appointment date - 1 May 2018
Test rescheduled to - 11 April 2018 (passed 100%)
Approval - 11th Dec 2018
Ceromony Date ??
Melbourne Office

#21 ·
Hi there! I am going to apply for my Australian citizenship soon. Just one question if anyone can help me please? Do i only need to provide one document each on Identity documents, Photograph and signature, Evidence of residential address? im a bit stuck in here because of this. Thank you in advance :)

#27 ·
Applied in Dec 2017 for citizenship conferral

and never heard of anything since then.

But at least looks good that some applications are getting processed....
You are in the same boat as my friend who applied in November 2017. He heard nothing as of today.

15 months and still counting.

Goodluck guys.

#31 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the general residence requirement.
It says: you must have been:
living in Australia on a valid visa for the past 4 years.
Is Bridging Visa C a valid visa?

My partner has been on Bridging Visa C from June 2014 till April 2015 (in Australia).
Then he was outside Australia for 8 months (waiting for visa sub 301).
He's been in Australia from Feb 2016. (so 3 years in total including 12 months holding PR).
I think its quite clear that he has to wait until Feb 2020 to apply for his citizenship. However, I just wanted to double check if I am right or wrong. Just have some hopes he could apply now. Any help would be appreciated. :)
I know he has been without visa for 8 months during this 4 years (as he was outside AU waiting for TR).

Thanks and good luck to everyone waiting.

#32 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the general residence requirement.
It says: you must have been:
living in Australia on a valid visa for the past 4 years.
Is Bridging Visa C a valid visa?

My partner has been on Bridging Visa C from June 2014 till April 2015 (in Australia).
Then he was outside Australia for 8 months (waiting for visa sub 301).
He's been in Australia from Feb 2016. (so 3 years in total including 12 months holding PR).
I think its quite clear that he has to wait until Feb 2020 to apply for his citizenship. However, I just wanted to double check if I am right or wrong. Just have some hopes he could apply now. Any help would be appreciated. :)
I know he has been without visa for 8 months during this 4 years (as he was outside AU waiting for TR).

Thanks and good luck to everyone waiting.
You are correct based on the current citizenship rules he cannot apply until Feb 2020. He needs to hold a valid Visa for the 4 years which he did not (the BVC ceased once he left Australia).

#34 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Just to let you know I've got my citizenship test date.
Applied May 29th 2018 - Melbourne. Test date April 17th (actually...was just able to reschedule it to 20 March!).
From Chile.

I've been in this forum for so long! Ever since I applied for the 820...thank you so much for all your advice; very useful forum.

Dino

#35 ·
Hi all, thanks to all for contributing in this thread, it is extremely helpful. I applied for citizenship 10th July 2018. I just logged into my ImmiAccount and saw this message:

Information

Action Required flag still showing:

Please disregard the action required flag if you have already provided the following information and it is still showing as required on your application summary page:

•Health Assessment
•Character assessment
•Biometrics
•Additional payment requirement

This is a known system issue that is currently being investigated by technical teams.

Note: Citizenship applications are not affected.

Has this got anything to do with my application or is this just a generic message for everyone when logging into immiaccount?
I assume I’m not being asked for any additional information as I haven’t received any emails to inform me of an incomplete application?
Any reassurance would be great, thanks all,

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.