Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - 300 or 820 application for engaged Norwegian?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 08:25 PM

Users Flag! From australia

2410 likes received
180 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirik View Post
Hi Nick!

Thanks for your input!

I was not aware that there were significant documentation requirements for a de-factor partner registration. When reading online I got the impression it was more official identification papers etc… What is required? We have a lot of photos, plane tickets, travels together, extensive WhatsApp-conversation (daily through the duration of relationship and the lead up and been connected on Facebook for 12 years from when we initially met) and various social media postings (including our engagement).

Can we submit an application for sponsor approval ahead of my Visa-application (and the fee), or does everything have to happen at the same time with the new rules?

Is there any way of getting a guesstimate on processing time for the 300? I.e. calling the embassy (I assume I would be processed in Berlin?) or is it just a lottery...? It’s the uncertainty on processing times that makes this choice so difficult…

I have looked into the skills-visas. I think I would qualify for a handful of the occupations on the 189-list, but have not gone through a skills assessment yet. I will either get 65 or 75 points (depending on my English level), and I read that only applicants for the 189 and 190 with 80+ points are invited… Then there’s the processing times for these… So I have mainly been considering partner-visas lately. If I got a company sponsorship things would obviously change…

- Eirik
Hi Eirik,

I was referring to the de-facto requirements for the visa, not for the relationship registration.

It’s impossible to say anything sensible about processing times. I have been getting some sc. 300 visa through in 4 to 6 months, while others took over a year.

Still, you will have that 7 month head start and would not need to worry about the potential implementation of the new sponsorship rules.

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.