Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - 820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 02:43 PM

Users Flag! From uk

15 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
The UK is different on marriage on a visitor visa, although not impossible.

But in Australia there appears to be no condition against getting married on a visitor visa, or applying for a partner visa, married or unmarried, while on a visitor visa.

The changes to sponsors, although not yet in force, might make the timing harder to get an 820 application in, at some point in the future.
I see . I assume it would be easier to marry in OZ after arrival as arriving as a spouse
and then applying for a partner visa in OZ means that one has not told the truth when applying for visitor visa as not intended for that purpose . I have read a few articles of migration agents on this and seems problematic. In my future wife;'s case . likley to be the condition on visitor visa saying that no further visa can be applied for in OZ . ( condition inserted in visa grant if from so called high risk country?. Most unfair really as discrimination . thanks again