Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Offshore Partner Visa 309/100 Waiting Room
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 07:42 PM

Users Flag! From southafrica

5 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Hello every one am new here.am from nigeria and we applied for spouse visa since 14feb 2019.immidiately i was ask to go for my biometric and a referral was generated for me to go for my medicals all did hv been done yet no response from immigration.dis application was lodged in by an agent from aus ever since then.hv been asking d agent whats up he just tell me the process takes tyms dats all.he is not giving hope by telling wot stage it is nw .i dont kw an just waiting with out hving a slight clue of wot is going on.pls any one here wit similar issue and hw did it end up.
HI Debby,

There is a forum for people (like myself) who have applied in Africa - Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas...africa-74.html). All visa applications in Africa are processed through Pretoria, South Africa. Unfortunately it can take a LONG time for the visa to be granted.

At the moment people from South Africa have received their visa recently after waiting 14 to 17 months. I just reached 11 months waiting. But the good news is, there have recently been a couple visa's granted to people from Southern and West African countries ... including one to a Nigerian.

Sorry to not have better news, but you have at least a 12 to 14 month wait - but probably closer to 17 to 24 months.