Thanks Paul. I understand that with all things Visa related there is no certainty.
But my reading of your useful comment is that provided we keep the department informed of changes in circumstances then in general they would inform us if the applicant needs to go back to Thailand to allow the offshore Visa to be granted.
Is that a fair summary of my situation? I just hope our experience matches J&E's where they received an email advising them to department to activate the PMV 300.
Of course if the decision is made before I apply for the visitor visa then this will not be tested - FINGERS CROSSED!
Last edited by chrislane99; 11-04-2019 at 04:15 AM.