Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - Need an advice regarding a joint lease for my partner’s friend while 820 is still in
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 02:28 AM

Users Flag! From australia

1010 likes received
296 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by michirumaeda View Post
Thanks for the reply. I can rest assured now that I have done the right thing. She sent me spiteful message this morning and the message just shows like you said, she doesn't care
You also mention that she: "Recently just got her 4th eviction notice".

Your partner being on the lease would solve that issue for her in future, as your partner would be responsible for paying the rent, and could be sued for that, assuming you have more funds available than she does.

Quote:
If a tenant in a co-tenancy is vacating without being replaced by another tenant, they must negotiate with the remaining tenant/s and landlord to have their name removed from the lease.

If they do not, or the request is refused, they will remain a named co-tenant and be jointly responsible for any damage or repairs, even if they no longer live at the property.

If I was the landlord, I would refuse to remove your partner from the lease, until the premises were vacated.
I had a "friend' like that once, also known for a long time.