Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What type of Partner Visa are we eligible for?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CCMS 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Would appreciate any advice when it comes to visas for my partner and I. We will eventually go and speak to a Migration agent but for now we're just trying to figure out our options and what kind of partner visa we can apply for.

Essentially I am dating a girl from Russia (she lives there) i met nearly 2 years ago and we started officially dating in April last year. Since then we have really gotten to know each other and we'd like for her to move to Australia eventually. The scenario is as follows:
  • She came to Australia for the first time for 3 weeks in Jan, 2019
  • We started dating and She stayed with me in Australia for nearly 3 months in July, 2019
  • She will be staying with me for 3 months from Jan 2020 onwards
  • She'll come back to Australia and stay with me for 3 months in July 2020

I also went to visit her in Europe 3 times since we met (will be 4 times by July). She finishes her uni studies in 2021 (6 year courses in Russia apparently!) - which is when I'd like her to move to Australia to be with me and hopefully she can even work in Australia - so the time to apply will be approaching soon (possibly apply in March or July of 2020). While she has stayed with me for quite some time, I don't believe we are eligible for a de-factor partner visa.

She currently has a 3 month tourist visa, and we want to apply for a 6 month tourist visa if possible next time so she can be here when we apply (luckily no condition of no stay on her latest visa) for whichever visa we can.

So with that in mind, does anyone have any advice of which visas we are eligible for? From my research, it seems like the PMV 300 is the only option, but if there's another, that would be great to know - thank you all!

See less See more
#5 ·
You could consider registering the relationship and applying onshore ( 820/801)during her next visit if that option is still available by then and you can meet the overall relationship requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.