Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Form 888 in support of PMV.

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  wrussell 
#1 ·
I am an Australian citizen. Fiancee is Kenyan. We are currently, preparing Form 888 in support of PMV. My friends/family are writing statements.

Question 1. States: How long have you known this person? Referring to my fiancee.

My friends and parents have “known” her through me for the last 3 years and have spoken to her. However, they never saw her physically face to face apart from talking to her on WhatsApp and skype videos. I have also shared our pictures with them and our NOIM and they are invited to our wedding.

The only persons who actually saw my fiancee is my sister and niece when we travelled to Kenya last year.

So is the answer to this question 0 or 3 years for parents and Australian friends completing Form 888, who haven’t physically met her?

Many Thanks.

#2 ·
I am an Australian citizen. Fiancee is Kenyan. We are currently, preparing Form 888 in support of PMV. My friends/family are writing statements.

Question 1. States: How long have you known this person? Referring to my fiancee.

My friends and parents have "known" her through me for the last 3 years and have spoken to her. However, they never saw her physically face to face apart from talking to her on WhatsApp and skype videos. I have also shared our pictures with them and our NOIM and they are invited to our wedding.

The only persons who actually saw my fiancee is my sister and niece when we travelled to Kenya last year.

So is the answer to this question 0 or 3 years for parents and Australian friends completing Form 888, who haven't physically met her?

Many Thanks.
3 years should be the answer. 0 will not look good for you

#3 ·
It would be hard to argue that you knew someone you have never physically met.
As for making a Statutory Declaration,
I would use the same caution I give to anyone who makes a Statutory Declaration or Oath to me as a Justice of the Peace.
The Oaths Act 1900 (Cth) regulates the administration of oaths and affirmations in Australia.

Section 25 of the Act provides that:

“In all cases where by this Part, or under the authority thereof, or by virtue of any power or authority hereby given, a declaration:

is substituted in lieu of an oath or affidavit, or
is directed or authorised to be made and subscribed, although not substituted in lieu of an oath or affidavit,
any person who wilfully and corruptly makes and subscribes any such declaration, knowing the same to be untrue in any material particular, shall be guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for 5 years.”

#10 ·
We did statutory declarations in lieu of the form 888. People wrote statements answering similar information as to what was asked in the form 888, but for those that hadn’t met my partner in real life and only knew of him through me and online, it meant they didn’t have to answer that one specific question, they instead answered how they knew of him and what they knew of our relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.