Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa

199K views 991 replies 105 participants last post by  Queendalyne 
#1 ·
Hi

Is there anyone from South Africa waiting for Partner Visas.

#5 ·
I've lodged online (I'm from Mauritius). I was told by Aus Embassy here in Mauritius (before I apply for PMV) that they do not process Family Visa and that I should lodge in Pretoria or online. Therefore I lodged online, which I assume has gone to Pretoria. In previous Aus Embassy Pretoria website (4-5 months back), they said SA Citizen PMV/Partner Visa shall be processed within 3-6 months while Non SA Citizen within 12-15 months. I still have a long time ahead :-/

#6 ·
Hi
Yesterday was total 4 months for me..but I guess it will come soon..
I am a SA citizen so I will get in in maximum 6 months.
The wait is killing me because my husband went back to Australia in October..so we living apart till I get granted my visa ...
But I dont think it will be 15 months..from all the reviews it will be under 12 months

#23 ·
I've got the Second Secretaries mobile number if you want to complain! A bloke from my area had the job and gave it to me, years later I tried to call him but now a her has the job - she was helpful and explained the process well to me about visitor visas (I had issues with another embassy at the time).

#25 ·
Im assuming they will call you in a few months time for your medicals ..
Then after everything is done its a long wait
My biometrics and medicals was done within the first 1 and half months.

#27 ·
We also have a non-SA application processing in Pretoria. Currently just passed 12 months and haven't heard anything past the acknowledgement email. For non-SA it's mostly high risk. I've read a few old cases where it's been 18 months processing. Perhaps it's slow because we didn't use a migration agent to guide us. While we were organising paperwork there were 2 price rises from around $AU1500 to around $AU7000. At least we're hoping that decreased the number of applications around the same time as ours. Hopefully ours is next on the pile now

#28 ·
Yea I read not so long ago the visa cost was really low! That's bad for us Coz anyway the processing times are getting longer instead of reverse 😔 I hope you'll get yours soon. Mine too being processed in Pretoria but got a long way to go as its been a lil bit over 2 months since I applied... Keep us posted...

#29 · (Edited)
PMV fee history:-

Nov 2004 - $1,245 - Kids free - no record of processing time
Jul 2005 - $1,305
Jul 2006 - $1,340 - Processing times 2.14 - 4.1 months
Jul 2007 - $1,420
Jul 2009 - $1,705
Jul 2010 - $1,735
Jul 2011 - $1,995 Average processing time 7 months
Jul 2012 - $2,060
Jan 2013 - $2,680
Jul 2013 - $2,680 - Kids $670
Sep 2013 - $3,085 - Kids $770 - processing time 5-12 months expected.
Jan 2015 - $6,865 - Kids $1,720

Family Stream Visas issued from 2003-04 up to 2014-15
42,229 - 41,736 - 45,291 - 50,079 - 49,870 - 56,366 - 60,254 - 54,543 - 58,604 - 60,885 (2010 is only 631 less than 2015)

#30 · (Edited)
OMG bro!! And I got into the relationship in 2012-2013!!!

I regret having prepared myself for nearly a year in 2014-2015 for the 189 Skilled Visa (prepared a full excel sheet on all the steps, costs, who to contact and timeline of all steps) to then realised CA/CPA might not give ACCA members the 15 points (I also got lazy applying for membership after 2 years and therefore my 8 years experience wouldn't have counted too, thus no further points for experience)... I wouldn't have mind the huge cost of PMV had the processing time been reduced to 6 months!

#32 ·
the 888 form/ certification

Hello !

I am applying for the PMV and have a question refarding the 888 form!

I am not south african but the people who can witness my relationship with my fiance are.

I would like my south african friends living in Johannsburg to fill the form for me. However I am confused on how and where they can do it properly!
I guess the 888 form should be notorized before a competent authority.

Does any one knows how this can be done and how much it does cost?

Any information is much appreciated !

Thanks

#38 ·
Hi
Just a quick question.
What documents do I need to apply for a tourist visa?
Can I apply on the immiaccount without my agent?
If I do get the tourist visa..can I come with a one way ticket and explain im waiting for my partner visa and I will go to another country and come back for my grant.
Sorry for all the questions but I need to know everything before taking that step.

Thanks

#39 ·
I'm not knowledgeable enough to give accurate advises on this but I assume the documents would be same as those requested in the checklist for any tourist visa.

Anyway, why don't you seek some advises from your agent, without having them to do all this and thus no need to pay their fee. They might give you some valuable free advises.

Last but not the least, no news from your agent yet?

#40 ·
The agent is closed..they only openning on Monday.
As soon as they back im gonna give them a call.
They said between 4 to 6 months
This month is 6 months and nothing
Which is getting frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.