Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Partner Visa 820 Onshore waiting list

179K views 414 replies 122 participants last post by  trulyvtoogood 
#1 ·
Hi there,

Happy New Year 2019, I know it has been a lot of thread about PV 820 waiting Subject. I wonder if anyone who applied the PV 820/801 onshore during year 2018 process waiting list to update.

Let me start :

Lodged PV 820/801 : 10 Aug 2018
Acknowledgement received : 10 Aug 2018
Medical Result Finalised : 17 Oct 2018
BVA active with unlimited work/study and still waiting for CO Assign

Finger crossed 😁

#2 ·
Hi Blythium,

I spoke to immi today. Asked about CO not being assigned however I had lodged in Feb 2018, and Med checks were done late in April last year.
She told me the expected processing time for 820 is 21 - 26 months, so I should not worry that no CO has been assigned yet.

The expected processing time has been revised only on 19 Dec last year, guess we have a long wait.

Good Luck!!

#4 ·
Hi Blythium
My wife applied for 820/801 onshore on 6 August 2018. So we are likely on a very similar timeframe for our wait!
She has a tourist visa (600) which is valid until 2020 - so i assume that means her BVA will only be active from then. Good luck with the process, and we'd be happy to share information as the process progresses.

#5 · (Edited)
We are not far ahead then. Thank you for sharing cause it'll give us a hope to find out the progress.
The BVA will active by the time her visitor 600 visa expired or the substantive visa expired. Example she stayed in Australia for 3 months or more, her BVA already in effect after 3 months She live in Australia . She can work and study even applied a Medicare card by the time she applied the 820/801. I'm waiting on my TFN 😊🤞

#6 ·
Hi All,
I lodged my partner visa on 22nd August 2018, so far no any communication.
I plan to attach few more evidence of our relationship for the three months after lodging e.g family Chris-mass photos, our holiday in November, current joint account statement, and keep updating quarterly until I get CO attached. Hope this is a good idea.
Wish all the best as we wait.

#7 ·
I have a question some of you guys might be able to help with.

My partner and I have applied for her 820 visa onshore. She is currently on a tourist visa and entered Australia on December 15th. So will her bridging visa will start on March 15th? (since that will be 3 months in the country).

The visitor visa says it's valid until September 2019, although she can only stay in Aus for 3 months at a time. It doesn't say that it expires after 3 months, just that she has to leave. Which is where my confusion comes from.

Thanks.

#8 ·
I have a question some of you guys might be able to help with.

My partner and I have applied for her 820 visa onshore. She is currently on a tourist visa and entered Australia on December 15th. So will her bridging visa will start on March 15th? (since that will be 3 months in the country).

The visitor visa says it's valid until September 2019, although she can only stay in Aus for 3 months at a time. It doesn't say that it expires after 3 months, just that she has to leave. Which is where my confusion comes from.

Thanks.
If she arrived Dec 15th in Australia on tourist visa and it said the expired date March 15th, as long she stay in Australia more than 3 months meaning her BVA will come into effect on March 16th. She is eligible for apply interim Medicare card but the TFN only available after March 15th

#12 ·
820 Partner visa

Hi Guys

I logged my visa 820, 24th Feb 2018 onshore and haven't heard back from them since then.
I have got 3 bridging B visas to travel.
I was wondering if anyone got email requested to do the medical assessment?
I havent got any email regarding doing that.
Do I need to just go and do it myself or I need to be told to do it?

#13 ·
Hi Guys

I logged my visa 820, 24th Feb 2018 onshore and haven't heard back from them since then.
I have got 3 bridging B visas to travel.
I was wondering if anyone got email requested to do the medical assessment?
I havent got any email regarding doing that.
Do I need to just go and do it myself or I need to be told to do it?
The medical assessment requirement in your immiaccount. It's said health assessment and you have to make an appointment for it, I think cost around $340

#15 ·
Hi all, I'm Canadian, and currently on my PMV (bridging visa kicks in Sunday).

PMV 300 Applied- January 2018
PMV 300 Granted- May 2018

820 Applied- January 18, 2019
Request for my partners Police Clearance- January 25, 2019

We just got his police clearance today, so I'll be uploading that this weekend with a few other last bits.

#16 ·
Hello all,
My partner and I recently wanted to apply for 820/801 visa and would like to know what do we expect after lodging an application? Should we be expecting calls for interviewing or questioning or should i be informing my form 888 witnesses that they would expect a call as well etc?

Thanks very much!

#17 ·
Hi everyone,

I applied for the 820/801 on 19 December 2018, and unsurprisingly have yet to hear anything from Home Affairs (except for an automated message on Immi that I need to submit my health assessment-- but I'm going to wait if the processing time is actually 21-26mo, I don't want to do it twice).

While I'm waiting, should I be updating our application with new evidence that the relationship is ongoing (e.g. recent photos, travel, etc)??

Thanks in advance!
Brooke

#18 ·
Hi everyone,

I applied for the 820/801 on 19 December 2018, and unsurprisingly have yet to hear anything from Home Affairs (except for an automated message on Immi that I need to submit my health assessment-- but I'm going to wait if the processing time is actually 21-26mo, I don't want to do it twice).

While I'm waiting, should I be updating our application with new evidence that the relationship is ongoing (e.g. recent photos, travel, etc)??

Thanks in advance!
Brooke
Yes, you probably should update frequently, especially as many 820 grants are done in under 16 months recently. The easiest ones may be processed faster than others.

Only about 15% of grants take between 21 and 26 months.
75% are taking under 21 months at the moment.

#19 ·
Hello Everyone,
I am gonna apply this Visa in June
I have applied for police checked, standard Marriage cerfiticate already.
I have a few questions, I think some of you have done this already. So maybe I can have the answers.
1. standard Marriage cerfiticate, I have applied and paid already. I recived an email to confirm they received my application. So do I have to go there to show my ID or I just need to wait till the certificate ready to collect?
2. Only I or it has to be both me and my husband to go there to collect standard Marriage cerfiticate?
3. Where did you guys do Health checks?
4. Can I submit for Visa 820 before I recived my standard Marriage cerfiticate, and upload standard Marriage cerfiticate later once I have it? Or I have to wait till standard Marriage cerfiticate arrivel?
Regarding translation. do you know any authorithy people charge good price to translate for some non-English papers work?

#32 ·
We applied for the pmv offshore, then applied for a 12 month visitor visa.

However, different countries deal with a visitor visa, during a pmv application, in different ways.
Some are more flexible with the GTE requirements.

#33 ·
Hello Everyone,
I am gonna apply this Visa in June
Please share your experience for:
1. standard Marriage cerfiticate, I have applied and paid already. I recived an email to confirm they received my application. So do I have to go there to show my ID or I just need to wait till the certificate ready to collect?
2. Where did you guys do Health checks?
3. Can I submit for Visa 820 before I recived my standard Marriage cerfiticate, and upload standard Marriage cerfiticate later once I have it? Or I have to wait till standard Marriage cerfiticate arrivel?
4 do you know any authorithy people charge good price to translate for some non-English papers work?
5. my husband address official in his parents house. He moves to live with me in a friend's house. He does not want to change the address yet. As we don't want to stay in his friend house forever. So is there any problem to show that we stay together? Or he has to change his address to the address right now?
Thank you and good luck to all

#34 ·
5. my husband address official in his parents house. He moves to live with me in a friend's house. He does not want to change the address yet. As we don't want to stay in his friend house forever. So is there any problem to show that we stay together? Or he has to change his address to the address right now?
Having different addresses might make immigration think you live at different addresses, and are therefore not a couple. That could easily lead to a rejection.

There are more applications for this visa group than there are visas available. They need to cut the numbers down, and rejecting some that are not 100% is an easy way to do that.

#49 ·
Has anyone that applied for there 820 onshore at the start of January 2019 this year had any contact - regarding medicals or partners police checks.

Also has anyone worked on a international cruise ship previously and been asked for a police clearance from the flagship where the cruise ship is registered. I have read that online and in my case it would be the Bahamas which dose not look that easy or reliable to obtain.

#54 ·
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to share something interesting. I applied for a BVB which I originally thought could only be granted for up to 3 months (and in fact have been told that over the phone by immigration) but got granted one today that's valid for 12 months! I wanted to share my experience because I didn't ask for a 12 month BVB and my travel dates were only for a couple of months so it's interesting that I should be granted this - not that I'm complaining!!
I do have a question - the change of address thing for anything over 2 weeks...does that count for holiday destinations where you can't really have post delivered?

#64 ·
Hello,

Does anybody know how can I contact my CO? Actually, I applied 820/801 onshore 31 Dec 2018, I haven't received any email from my CO!
I saw that some people or agents contact the CO to get the update of their applications.
You may not have one yet, or you may have several. There's no way to contact them directly unless they want you to.

Actually, if you submitted a complete application, they shouldn't need to contact you at all. My 820 and 801 went straight to grant without any communication because they didn't need anything from me (also faster than average so I'm sure having everything made a difference there).

#77 ·
I also applied on January 4 2019, From what i have read a lot of people do not get asked for medicals or police checks until at least a year after they have applied if you do not come from a PMV.

Considering the wait is 27 months i am just continuing to upload evidence through my agent every few months and waiting theres not much else you can do.

#80 ·
We did bank statements and photos of the two of us out at different places we visited. Envelopes with names on to help prove living together. I never did any messages.

It was just to remind them we are still together.

Many people, who upload everything at the beginning, never even get a CO.

#85 ·
Hi there,

Happy New Year 2019, I know it has been a lot of thread about PV 820 waiting Subject. I wonder if anyone who applied the PV 820/801 onshore during year 2018 process waiting list to update.

Let me start :

Lodged PV 820/801 : 10 Aug 2018
Acknowledgement received : 10 Aug 2018
Medical Result Finalised : 17 Oct 2018
BVA active with unlimited work/study and still waiting for CO Assign

Finger crossed 😁
Hi Blythium,

Me and my husband are just about to apply for my partner visa to stay in Australia.While I just heard that according to the new law, under the new regulations, the government must approve your Australian partner as a sponsor before you can apply for a partner visa. Which could be taking a few months, my current visitor 600 expires on Sep02. I am concerned it means I might have to leave and then come back again?

#86 ·
That hasn't been put into effect yet, (As far as I am aware) so best to get the application in now, before it does.

Once the application is in, you should be under current rules.

Reactions: katefengwu
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.