Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Partner visa (309) processing time from Beirut office

256K views 2K replies 98 participants last post by  Zah 
#1 ·
Dear All,

Nice to have you all here on this thread!

This thread is for people who are awaiting partner visa decision from Beirut office.

Please do share your time line, dates of communications with CO, if any.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Hi
This is Behzad, my wife applied for prtner visa on 8th of March 2018 from Tehran office in Iran and her case is tranferred to Beirut office on 19th of June. On 10th of July, we received an email from Beirut office that our application is transferred abd we will be in touch within the processing time. However, the processing time has changed to 21 to 26 months alternatively. This really freaks us out, how come we can be apart feom each other for two years?
Is it even possible?

#3 ·
I was thinking of applying for tourist visa during this period, is it possible to apply for a tourist visa and wait for the decision on this partner visa? When the visa is granted she can easily be overseas, since the applicant should be out of australia for the grant of this visa.

#6 ·
Hi abdoal,
Good that you have heard something at least. I assume they started to process the applications as the pricessing time is decreased from 26 months to 13 months, which is a good news.
When did you apply? And which office tdis you apply through? When your application transferred to beirut office? And when your status is changed? Could you share those?

#7 ·
Hi all, has anyone recieved a request for more information from Beirut office?

I have received a request for more info with a lot of items on the check list, basically all of the required documents for the visa are there and they all say “if not already provided”.
I’m really confused about what it is they actually want more info about.

We have already uploaded all necessary documents and police checks and medical.

#8 ·
Hi all, has anyone recieved a request for more information from Beirut office?

I have received a request for more info with a lot of items on the check list, basically all of the required documents for the visa are there and they all say "if not already provided".
I'm really confused about what it is they actually want more info about.

We have already uploaded all necessary documents and police checks and medical.
I received an email and my partner got a phone interview and still waiting.

#904 ·
Visa Grant Timeline

Hi Guys, thought I'd share my experience on the visa processing. I am a Lebanese citizen who acquired the Australian passport from by Dad by decent and my wife is Lebanese.
I was working in Qatar (she left Qatar to Beirut) when we applied for my wife's subclass 309 visa.
Date applied: 23 September 2017
After about a couple of weeks she got a call from the embassy and they asked her a few questions
Once we applied we were able to see the checklist of documents needed to submit and we started working on getting them.
We received a message to perform the Medical test and Biometric information which my wife did in Beirut
Make sure you get Police clearance for both yourselves and your spouse from ALL countries that you lived in for a period of 1 year (it doesn't have to be continuous 12 months, it's a cumulative period of 1 year). Especially if it is the U.S as in my case it took 3 months to get it from the FBI in the U.S so this affected the timeline for submitting all documents.
14 November 2017: Received notification to supply police clearance from U.S for myself, and from Qatar for my wife
27 November 2017: Uploaded Police clearance for my wife
March 13th 2018: Received Police clearance from U.S and uploaded
March 14th 2018: Visa 309 granted for my wife.
Therefore in my case if I had know about the U.S Police clearance I might have gotten the approval in November 2017 instead of March 2018.

That's why my advice is to submit as much documents as you can even more than what they ask for to support your application and avoid delays.

I left to Melbourne on October 8th 2018, and on August 23rd 2019 I applied for my wife's subclass 100 visa and currently waiting for approval.

Hope this helps

#13 ·
Sure,it was a 15 min. Interview..
Plus she asked about some info about my husband & for another police check from the country he's working in now adays..
She also asked me,when am planning to go to australia & my plans there...
And she double checked almost all the info provided in the app.

#25 ·
Applied in August 2018 for Visa 300
Uploaded all documentation on same week
Request for Medics on 30/08/2018.
Medics completed early September
Received request for more information regarding evidence of correspondence between applicant/spouse in November 2018 from offshore CO in Beirut, submitted the required detail. And still waiting.

Application says Further Processing since end of November

I have 2 friends who got their grants in 6-7 months.
One of them applied in May 2017 and got granted in November 2017
And the other in April 2018 and got granted in November 2018

I hope we have as much luck as them

Fingers crossed

#26 ·
Applied in August 2018 for Visa 300
Uploaded all documentation on same week
Request for Medics on 30/08/2018.
Medics completed early September
Received request for more information regarding evidence of correspondence between applicant/spouse in November 2018 from offshore CO in Beirut, submitted the required detail. And still waiting.

Application says Further Processing since end of November

I have 2 friends who got their grants in 6-7 months.
One of them applied in May 2017 and got granted in November 2017
And the other in April 2018 and got granted in November 2018

I hope we have as much luck as them

Fingers crossed
were your friends processed from Beirut office?

#28 ·
The waiting time is killing me (am the sponsor)! Since the last call,my c.o at the end of the call asked me if it's okay for both of us to have an interview together? And i told her of course that's alright! And since then she didnt call again! (And she called my husband over the fon for a couple of mins. Too since we both were at different countries at the time she called)..am not sure why she didnt contact us since then!

#33 ·
Hi All,

Applied for 309 when my wife was working in Dubai. So ended have my application processed from Beirut office.

Application lodged: 05 Nov 2018
Medicals Done: 21 Dec 2018
Request for Info: 02 Jan 2019
Sponsor status: Further Assessment
Applicant status : Further Assessment

The request for info was very vague as the checklist was asking for all documents to be submitted which was not done with the application. In my case all the required documents were submitted when we lodged the application. I did email them asking for more info, but haven't received any reply yet. Has anyone else come up with same issue ?

Now my wife has left her work in Dubai and moved back to her home country India. I hope change of country of residence won't change the application office and create a further delay to the application.

Also next year Jan 2020 we are having our wedding ceremony and my wife wants to come to Australia with me on tourist visa if her 309 is not approved by then. Does anyone know if we can apply for sponsored tourist visa while we have an application being processed for 309.

Thanks guys

#36 ·
Hi All,

Applied for 309 when my wife was working in Dubai. So ended have my application processed from Beirut office.

Application lodged: 05 Nov 2018
Medicals Done: 21 Dec 2018
Request for Info: 02 Jan 2019
Sponsor status: Further Assessment
Applicant status : Further Assessment

The request for info was very vague as the checklist was asking for all documents to be submitted which was not done with the application. In my case all the required documents were submitted when we lodged the application. I did email them asking for more info, but haven't received any reply yet. Has anyone else come up with same issue ?

Now my wife has left her work in Dubai and moved back to her home country India. I hope change of country of residence won't change the application office and create a further delay to the application.

Also next year Jan 2020 we are having our wedding ceremony and my wife wants to come to Australia with me on tourist visa if her 309 is not approved by then. Does anyone know if we can apply for sponsored tourist visa while we have an application being processed for 309.

Thanks guys
You can definitely apply for a tourist visa whilst the 309 is being processed. The applicant will need to satisfy the requirements of a visitor visa including the genuine temporary entrant criterion. Additionally, if the visa was granted, the applicant would need to depart Australia when his/her visa is ready for decision.

#56 ·
I highly doubt that. My agent recent grant from Beirut was for a client who waited for one year. Don't forget that current government has promised a reduction in migration intake which in my opinion very unfair for family visas. An Australian citizen would wait for more than one year to re-union with his family while visa 489 is being processed in less than 4 months!!!!! That's means new migrants are getting priority over Australian family.

The only hope we have is that current government losses federal election and labor party comes to power. If this happens, we would expect a feedback in June or July for applications lodged in August-2018. Otherwise, expect at least one year waiting.

#62 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd share my timeline. We applied for my fiance to come from Dubai, and applied through a lawyer/migration agent in Australia. My Fiance is Moroccan and myself Canadian...living in Australia on PR status.

Applied for 309: November 23rd, 2018
Request for Medicals: February 14th, 2019 (Letter was sent from Beirut embassy...so my guess is our case was sent to Beirut)
Medical supplied: February 25th, 2019

And now Waiting.....

#63 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd share my timeline. We applied for my fiance to come from Dubai, and applied through a lawyer/migration agent in Australia. My Fiance is Moroccan and myself Canadian...living in Australia on PR status.

Applied for 309: November 23rd, 2018
Request for Medicals: February 14th, 2019 (Letter was sent from Beirut embassy...so my guess is our case was sent to Beirut)
Medical supplied: February 25th, 2019

And now Waiting.....
Yes, it will be processed from Lebanon. Have you had any interview? They usually call applicants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.