Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Offshore/Onshore from Singapore

816 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Siham Rowe 
#1 ·
Hi all, looking at current’s situation, would it be better to apply from offshore than onshore? We’re just afraid offshore is gonna take at least a year - that means we can’t live together till it’s approved. But i’ve been seeing offshore cases from Singapore getting approved in just a few months.
Hope anyone could shed some light 🙂

#2 ·
. But i've been seeing offshore cases from Singapore getting approved in just a few months.
Were those recent approvals, or were they before the lockdowns?

Are you able to get to Australia to be able to apply onshore?

#3 ·
Hi, You are able to visit on ETA if an offshore application was lodged. Bear in mind Australia borders are still close to international travelers.

From past experience SG offshore application are usually approved within 8 months to a year. I assumed it is 309/100 Partner Visa.

Hi all, looking at current's situation, would it be better to apply from offshore than onshore? We're just afraid offshore is gonna take at least a year - that means we can't live together till it's approved. But i've been seeing offshore cases from Singapore getting approved in just a few months.

#4 ·
Due to Covid-19, the Department is not processing ETAs at the moment. For those who meet the requirements to get a travel restriction exemption, may need to consider applying for a Subclass 600 (Visitor Visa).

Anyone looking to do that should first speak with a Registered Migration Agent or call the Department directly.

This is the link where you can find some information on travel restriction exemptions:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/covid19-enquiry-form

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.