Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACS Statutory Declaration / Employer Reference Letter / Reference From Colleague

130K views 45 replies 36 participants last post by  rajabubun 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I want to get my skill assessment done from ACS. I have my previous employer's Offer Letter , Experience Letters etc but the experience letter does not have the job description/role & responsibility section.

In reference to my current employer, I don't think they will provide me the Reference letter with Role & Responsibility. I am assuming that I would need to give statutory declaration.

I have the below queries:

1. In case I need to submit Statutory Declaration, do I need to have a single declaration which includes all my employer's details along with my Role & Responsibility in those organizations.

2. Does does a Statutory Declaration differ from Reference Letter from Work Colleague.? And what if the specific Work Colleague/Manager of mine has also left my previous organization. In this case, will the reference letter from my Manager is valid who has also left my previous organization.

3. Can someone send Statutory Declaration Formats or Reference Letter formats from work colleague...

Any help in this regard would be really appreciated..

Thanks in Advance

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Nitinjain -

Happy to help. First, you need to know that both ACS and DIAC will be looking very closely at employer references to determine that the work is genuine and closely related to your nominated occupation. Given the large number of bogus/fraudulent documents coming out of India these days, that only makes things more difficult for applicants.

There is no ACS requirement that a work colleague who writes a stat dec for you must still be employed by the company. Here's info on Commonwealth Statutory Declarations:

Statutory declarations | Attorney-General's Department

Here's a link to the ACS reference letter sample:

http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/7570/Skilled-Employment-Reference-Example.pdf

Generally a single stat dec addressing all of the aspects of the previous employer is best, although if different people are saying different parts of this, you'd have to have a stat dec from each one, etc.

Hope this helps - this issue will come up again if/when you are invited to apply for a skilled visa, so it's absolutely critical that you get the best, most relevant/verifiable information in terms of employer references. Without it, DIAC may have issues with awarding you points for that employment.

Best,

Mark Northam

#3 ·
Thanks a lot Mark.

Another small question.. I have been working on Oracle Enterprise Applications (e.g JD Edwards, OBIEE etc) & its toolsets as a Technical Consultant.

I am not able to locate appropriate Skill Code which could appropriately fits my profile..

I would appreciate if you could please guide me..

Thanks & Regards

Nitin

#4 ·
Hi Nitin -

Suggest you go to the ACS site and download the detailed list of skilled IT occupations - they publish a guide that goes into great detail about each of their IT occupations - this is very helpful if you compare it to the technical details of your work experience and find the best match. Here's the link:

http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/7641/ANZSCO-Code-Descriptions-1-July-2012-V2.pdf

Only you will have the technical understanding of your own career that will be necessary to see which of these occupations is the best fit.

Best,

Mark Northam

#6 ·
Hi Faizul,

Mark has shared above details for Statutory Declaration in his first post.

Although the basic structure can be the same. In India the format is a little bit different and any lawyer will be able to assist you with it. You will need to ask for an Affidavit cum Declaration to your lawyer, give him the structure in the link above, the content of your job description, employer details and manager's details. He will change it to legal language, put it on a Rs 200 stamp paper and notarize it. I have used similar statements for my clients.

Regards,
Mazdiar

#8 ·
Hi Nitin

Thanks for this question. It was so relevent for me as well.

I am also facing the same issue of getting referral letters from previous and current employer.

Could you please share what technique you used to get the letters?

Thank you Mark for giving the most relevant and complete information.

Thanks,

#9 ·
Hi ,
I have completed Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering (2005-April 2009). I have started working from May 2009 in IT (Datawarehousing technologies - Informatica and OBIEE), so I have 4 years and 9 months of experience till date. I'm in dilemma ...
i. whether to submit my ACS immediately or wait till I complete 5 years.
ii. whether to submit my assessment as Software Engineer or Software Developer because all the ICT units and duties are very similar and moreover I'm concerned whether my complete 5 years of experience would be considered by ACS.

Can someone help me.

Thanks,
Sreenivas.

#11 ·
I think you should wait and complete 5 years before applying for ACS.
Since ACS will deduct 2 years mandatorily, it will any way come down to 3 years giving you a minimum of 5 points. Anything less and you get zero work exp points.
I am also in a similar position like you.
If i am wrong, someone please correct.

#10 ·
Queries regarding ACS employment reference letter

Hi,

Good day.

I appreciate if anyone could help to advice on my doubts as following?

1. I checked with one of my previous company and the HR won't issue me reference letter on company letterhead in ACS format. I guess I should just write a stat dec and get it signed my previous manager. Does the stat dec need the company chop and being stamped by authorities, or is it good enough after being certified by notary?

2. As for current company, I don't wish to disclose my intention of migration to current managers. If I request the employment reference they will ask a lot of questions to justify it. I am able to obtain the company letterhead paper. I plan to get my seniors to sign for me as referee. In this case, is it valid to be submitted to ACS, as it is not signed by manager instead by senior engineers? Besides, is company chop mandatory?

Thank you.

Regards,
Geo

#13 ·
Hi Mark,

I plan to apply for Skills Assessment with ACS. I have got the employment reference letter with the company letterhead with the company's details from my Manager. He has explained my responsibilities clearly in the letter.

Do i need to get a statutory declaration ?

Regards,
Mush

#25 ·
need statutory declaration?

Hi Mush, I am in the same boat at the moment. ACS did approve my reference letter written by a colleague on company letterhead, but i am now worried if it could be an issue when Visa request will be verified. Can you tell me whether you went ahead with same letter or got it instead on a stamp paper as a statutory declaration?

Thanks

#14 ·
IT Internal Auditor

Hi Mark (or anyone else!)

VETASSESS do not seem to provide much detail about the types of job included under each occupation code.

Do you know if IT Auditors are able to apply for the Skilled Migrant Visa under ANZSCO Code (221214 Internal Auditor)?

Thank you :)

#16 ·
Statutory Declaration

Hi,

I would like to know about experience letters of companies that are closed due to some reasons. Their references mentioned are no more functional then how ACS can verify these experience letters?

Secondly, if I am not able to get statutory declaration for the closed companies, will their experience letters work? What if the letters are not fulfilling the ACS requirements or if they do so, the contact numbers mentioned are no more functional.

Can anyone of you provide me a sample statutory declaration? My senior colleague had provided me a letter on plain paper with my duties and his acknowledgement that I had worked in his direct supervision. Is there any stamp or witness requirement too?

#17 ·
Hi,

Currently I am working form client location at different geography. I can only communicate with email or phone. My HR or Manager will not provide any reference letter.

WIll it be acceptable by ACS if my colleague provide employment reference through official email address and I can take the print out of the mail and submit to ACS?

#18 ·
System generated Experience letter

Hi,

My current work experience letter was generated by system with digital signature. My employer refuses to give experience letter in company letterhead or physically authenticate.

Please confirm will the ACS accepts the System generated letter with Notary?.
or is there any alternate way to submit my current experience.

Thanks,
Sridhar.

#19 ·
Hi, I've got all my reference letter from previous and current employer. I've only worked in Malaysia all this years. I just noticed my letter doesn't write that I work in Malaysia, but the letterhead states the company logo,contact number and Address(which shows Malaysia).

Is that okie to submit for assessment? Or do I need to get new letters stating that I've worked in Malaysia for those position/job? Appreciate your advise. Thanks!

#20 ·
Dear Sir,

Good Day,
I am having 7 years of experience as a civil engineer, my first company issued a referral letter in 2014, so is it valid? secondly it is not having a clear job description (duties). I would like to share the same document for your review and confirmation, provided if you allow me. Please advise me.

#21 ·
Work reference letter on different company letterhead

Hi Experts,
I checked numerous posts but could not find similar scenario, so posting my query here. Would really appreciate if someone could help...

I worked in company S2 Infotech ltd. in India 8 years back. I only have a reference letter with name, designation, dates etc. without duties/responsibilities. HR will not provide me reference letter in ACS format so I am left with only option to get the reference letter from my colleague who has joined company TCS and he is in United States right now.

If my colleague provide the work reference on TCS letterhead with in ACS format, Would the be accepted ?

If the above doesn't work, can I print the reference letter on 100Rs stamp paper and get it notarised in India, while he being in US ? is it legally accepted ?

If none of the above cannot work, what is the other way to get it done ?

Any kind of input would really be appreciated.

Dharmesh

#23 ·
Hello Sir

I am planning to appy Visa subclass 190 for occupation Statistician for which govt body is Vetasses.

I have already got empolyement reference letter from my previous employer. But In my current employer I dont think so they provide me the Employment reference letter as I have just complete my probabtion and I can even ask them.

My question is If I am giving statutory declartion for my current employement to be assessed by vetasses.. What all I need? As per my understading I will be the candidate Anyone who is authorised or linked to Austraila will become witness( Which We cant get from person in Austraila Embassy in your origin country Right?)

Third party witness will be person who knows me that I am working in XYZ company and these are my duties? So In Statuory letter whos detailed will be come in Mine or the person who is declaring my duties.

Kidnyl guide me on this part.. I am very much confused.

If possible where I can get Vetasses Statuory declartion template or form?

Appericated your time !

Thank you

#24 ·
Hi ,

I have 11 years of work experience with one year Australia experience.
I have worked in HCL Technoogies an Siemens previously.
I already got work exerience letter from both the companies.(in Company letter head)
I also got roles and responsibilities letter from my previous managers.

I have three questions :

is this enough to get two letters ,one from HR in company letter head (Experience letter) another one from Manager (roles and responsibities without company letter pad)

Do I need to get notory seal on the managers letter?
If yes, do I need to get the notory seal on the same date on which my previous manager has signed?

Can I get notory from some other city or do I need to get the notory on the same city where my manager signed?
My ACS application is completely on hold because of this..Please let me know the answers for my queries..Thanks in advance...

#28 · (Edited)
Hi ,

I have 11 years of work experience with one year Australia experience.
I have worked in HCL Technoogies an Siemens previously.
I already got work exerience letter from both the companies.(in Company letter head)
I also got roles and responsibilities letter from my previous managers.

I have three questions :

is this enough to get two letters ,one from HR in company letter head (Experience letter) another one from Manager (roles and responsibities without company letter pad)

Do I need to get notory seal on the managers letter?
If yes, do I need to get the notory seal on the same date on which my previous manager has signed?

Can I get notory from some other city or do I need to get the notory on the same city where my manager signed?
My ACS application is completely on hold because of this..Please let me know the answers for my queries..Thanks in advance...
If I have understood correctly, the letter you got from the HR on the company letter head simply gives details of the period you worked and your designation but does not give the details of the duties you undertook during the employment

In that case the letter that the manager has issued detailing your duties and responsibilities during your employment has to be in the form of a statutory declaration and the present letter on plain paper is of no use.
This letter itself cannot be notarised so the question of date or city does not arise

The content of the letter has to retyped in the format of a statutory declaration as per ACS guidelines on a stamp paper of requisite value ( the notary will tell you the correct value of the stamp paper to be used )

The manager then has to visit any notary office in his city and get it notarised and ensure that the notary certifies that he has witnessed the signature

You have no role to play in the statutory declaration. The process of getting it notarised will have to be done personally by the manager

Please recheck the same with your lawyers or immigration agent as this information I have given is only based on my personal experience

#26 ·
Don't know if it's the correct place, but since you started to talk the reference from an employer, I would like to know, what if @hkaidolaven or @Mazdiar or @nitinjain1111 or anybody else were actual owners of the company they are working in? I mean there is no higher positions than CEO right? How would they get a reference in this case, from whom?

#29 ·
The above is correct. For direct employment, the applicant cannot provide a self-declaration.

If a detailed employment reference from the company cannot be provided, then a declaration from a colleague (preferably a supervisor or manager) must be provided - they must have the document notarised, which I agree is a big ask.

Regards,

Richard

#30 · (Edited)
Hi,

My previous ACS application did not give me any points due to missing docs.
Now I have managed to get all the employer reference and statutory declarations.

My last employment came to an end in Feb'17 and the start/end dates are mentioned in my leaving letter.
But the Stat Dec for it was done by my colleague in Sept'16 as part of the previous ACS application.

Now, 6 months have passed since and I want to ask if my experience from this employment will be counted till Sept'16 or Feb'17?

Based on these facts, I'll either be getting 75 or 80 points.
My EOI was filed with 65 points in Feb, so if I get my ACS score now and update EOI, will I moved in front of the queue and stand a higher chance for an invite when the year opens in July'17?

Thanks

#31 ·
help needed

Hi,
My employer is also not ready to give experience letter. In that case I understand that I have to give an affidavit from my supervisor. Is that sufficient? or I also have to make a statutory declaration by me along with the affidavit from my supervisor?
Could you please share the format of affidavit? you help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.