Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information - View Single Post - 820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room!
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 12:43 PM

Users Flag! From malaysia

13 likes received
5 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly87 View Post
I was just wondering how many others here are also in the waiting phase after applying for the 820 onshore - where are you from, where did you apply, did you go for a subclass 300 first?

How has your experience been so far, and what are the things you worry about? How long have you been waiting?

Just a thread for people in 'the same boat' (although we're all very different) - mods if this isn't an appropriate thread (because the information can mostly be found through Timeline Search) please feel free to adjust, close or delete! I'm just curious who else out there is (still) waiting, since both applicants I knew have been granted before me!
Hi ya.
I am in the same boat, Nelly87.
I applied for 820/801 in February this year (2013) and was granted the BVA which kicked in in April when my visitor visa expired. I am originally from Malaysia and did not go for the subclass300 beforehand.
I got married to my Australian husband in 2012. I was here since Feb last year, but as i came on a visitor visa, i left OZ every 3 mths (based on my ETA) till the day we applied for the 820/801.
I called up immi and they mentioned that processing time is 15-18mths from application date. So i guessed i'd only be hearing from them mid 2014.

I have been looking for a pt job/casual job but no luck so far.
My only worry is whether i will find a suitable job soon...

I guess there's really nothing we can do (since it's not within our control) except to wait patiently for the 820/801 to be processed and approved.

I always believe everything happens for a reason. So probably all this waiting is to teach me to be more patient in life (as I am a very impatient person).....meanwhile i try to enjoy life everyday and slow down a bit in life.

I do hope we all get the approval soon and good luck to us all who's in the same boat.

Cheers!