Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please help!

898 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Wanderer 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,
We are planning to get married next year and we're both Filipino citizen. We want to migrate and work in Australia by the time I graduate but I have no idea how to apply for a visa. I am a college student taking up Bachelor of Science in Information Technology.

Should we apply for partner visa?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks

#2 ·
A partner visa is for someone who is the spouse/partner of an Australian citizen or PR.
If neither of you are, one can apply for a skilled visa and a partner can be a secondary applicant but you will still need evidence of a relationship as with a partner visa.
Have a look at the skilled visa area - Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration
It is relatively straight forward if you just keep following the pages and have a look at relevant headings and links.
First step will be getting a qualifications assessment - ACS (Australian Computer Society) - Membership, Professionalism and Leadership for ICT Professionals and the ICT Community and they have their own FAQ.

Also have a look at the Whats New Page linked at top of page above and reference there to priority for processing and changes due mid this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.