Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

migration agent costs

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Wanderer 
#1 ·
Hello All,

Im just looking for some advice has anyone had any quotes from migration agents when applying for a de facto or marriage visa off shore. I had a rather large quote recently and it has put some pressure on myself to submit the application without an agent as the price was quite hefty. We are applying for a de facto visa from Greece for my partner of 2.5 years. I genuinely feel we have a good case its just attaining all the evidence to help support us. any help would be much appreciated.

Rachel

#2 ·
I do not know about Greece but agents here in Australia do have fees that can be up around $2000+ , one rule of thumb being that whatever as visa fee, think about doubling it.

But agents are more good for where you have difficulty handling forms for it is still going to be you that needs to collate all your info including getting documents translated and copies certified or otherwise the agent will likely have additional fees.
Not all agents do a great job either and there have been a number of posts re various issues with agents overseas.

If you want to save yourself the money, just put some time aside to have a good read through the visa info, especially the eligibility and applying sections as well as Booklet #1 via Family - Visas & Immigration there being a clearly laid out Checklist in the applying section.
The sticky thread by el kitten is well worth a read too and with a couple of application forms, use one as a dry run, making notes of things you need to do and putting those on your own Checklist and then just tick them off as you go.
Then complete your form for submitting and you'll have a copy already done.

An agent cannot change the facts for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.